• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

AOP - Four Banger Series 5 - June 11, 2016

All i gotta say is everyone was lucky bamatoy hid Whitey from me.... it woulda been on!
Thanks to 5onrocks for the rental :drinkers:

I sent an email asking about rules a few days ago, but figure it would be good to ask here as well. First, are there plans to run this series in 2017? I'm definitely interested in coming to play if so. Secondly, I'm trying to figure out if I'm in the stock class or not?

STOCK MOD VEHICLES
-50% of original style body or more- YEP, I've definitely got way over 50% of the original body
-50% of stock frame or more - YEP, I've definitely got way over 50% of the factory frame
-50% of original style suspension or more- What constitutes "original style suspension"? My front is factory coils with a spacer, but the links are different. The rear is coilovers. Since a TJ is linked from the factory, would any linked suspension qualify? If I swapped out the coils in the front for coilovers would I still qualify?

It's tagged, titled, and I still drive it on the street!

Re:

On TJs, stock length control arms, long arms are no longer stock. Spacer lift is ok. If you change to coilovers on front that's not stock type suspension.

Re:

Rokcrler said:
On TJs, stock length control arms, long arms are no longer stock. Spacer lift is ok. If you change to coilovers on front that's not stock type suspension.

Yea I get that long arms aren't stock, but since it's worded "original style" I didn't know how much room was in there? Like since a YJ is leaf sprung from the factory, I'd assume any type of coil, 1/4 elliptical, or anything other than leafs would be changing styles? Since a TJ is a coil and link suspension from the factory, I'd think any coil and link setup would fit the "original style" requirement? If it's not, is the link length the deciding factor?

Since I'm not a full tube buggy does that mean there's no where I fit into this series?

Re:

You'd fit in the stock mod class since you have long arms in front and coilovers in rear.

The classes are to keep it simple.

On the YJs, stock length leafs in front, 1/4 elip/coilovers/coil springs, air shocks, struts, full elip springs, etc put it in stock mod.
You could reverse the setup, coils etc in front stock length springs in rear = stock mod.

YJ with 4" SOA is stock class

YJ with shackle reversal with lift springs = stock class

TJ with short arms and rear leafs = stock mod

Any variation from stock suspension design other than height of springs puts you in stock mod.

Tom hopefully chimes in if I mistyped info.

there is supposed to be a class and rules meeting soon. Free ride day for competitors To discuss some of the buggies and how they fit in a class.. So much going on at the park. . when it slows down . I'm sure we will hear something. watch for posts and come discuss it. Hang out and ride.

billstoy said:
there is supposed to be a class and rules meeting soon. Free ride day for competitors To discuss some of the buggies and how they fit in a class.. So much going on at the park. . when it slows down . I'm sure we will hear something. watch for posts and come discuss it. Hang out and ride.

That would be cool. I'm about 4.5 hours away, but i'd make a trip for that! I'll keep my eyes out!

Hoping I can get motor back from machine shop in order to make the first race of the series and then the rest from then on out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I talked to Tom a month or so ago and he said the series would start in November again but wasn't sure of the date yet.

Re:

Need to do a 4 banger race then move to the lower field for a hill and hole drag race afterwards.

Sent from my S50c using Tapatalk

Re:

Looking at trying to do meeting on Oct 1 around 10am at AOP to discuss 4 banger deal for those that are interested.