• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

AOP - Mega Truck Race - September 17, 2016

Got talked into bringing the Jeep down for the event. Not off to a great start though since I discovered trailer light wire off the truck is fubar'd. :wtflol:

So swapping trucks in the morning and then will head down for the day and most of the night.

^

It was nice seeing you out there man 8)

A few of my shots :

822142DSC0070.jpg

668592DSC0227.jpg

194709DSC0501.jpg

667625DSC0028.jpg

I'm working on the rest but I've got a little over 1850 pics to go through so it might take a moment laughing1

It was awesome ! But the buggies took a beating. Even more than a normal race.

^ Good to bump into you too! Looked like you took a beating a few times with rocks etc being over in the downhill side of the buggy course!

The knockout drag race plus bouncing was cool to watch, but I felt for the drivers behind getting pelted with rocks etc. There was quite a bit of rubbing and racing going on with several close finishes.

Getting to talk with some of the Mega Truck teams and check out their rigs was cool. Had more than one driver and team members watching with us that said these bouncer guys are crazy!

Skipped on the SXS races to trail ride some, but watched the Mega Trucks. Was cool to see them running and slinging mud everywhere.

Did some night riding and then drove through a lap in the Mega Truck course. Didn't get any air though :****:!

Will post pictures sometime this week.

I like the rat rod bouncer...but that last run had to hurt the wallet...damnit man :driving:

I count 2 wheels and 2 tires most likely on the rat rod

A shock on one rig

A ring and pinion on the Avenger

Fires on several rigs...hopefully they went out quick enough to avoid damage

what else...

clemsonjeep said:
I like the rat rod bouncer...but that last run had to hurt the wallet...damnit man :driving:

Wes has been running/beating on the one for a few years now. Seems like every completion video I see of him running ends up with a cut down tire.

ridered3 said:
Wes has been running/beating on the one for a few years now. Seems like every completion video I see of him running ends up with a cut down tire.

I noticed that too...almost every video I have seen of Wes he has a flat tire or 2. I remember seeing somebody make a joke about one time on here.

tonybolton said:
I skimmed through but didn't jump out at me......anyone know the trail / trails they ran the drag racking on?

Trail 47. Was walking distance from the parking lot on the Buggy Entrance side.

Re:

tonybolton said:
Pix look fine....high end smart phones take great pictures in my opinion. Surprised 1000+$ cameras aren't obsolete yet

That's true. Two of the posted pictures were taken by my dumb phone too :****: