• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

AOP - SETTC - September 26-28, 2014

Dvaughn1971 said:
If you hit the cone you don't get the bonus. Travis hit the cone and they were going to give him the bonus any way. Those were not team guys they were drivers. When you put a cone out either you can hit it or you can not anything other than that is going to cause trouble. There have been some calls at other races that have been perceived as favoritism and the drivers are already sensitive to it. We are building a sport on the backs of these drivers who have spent their own money to build these buggies and continue to spend a fortune maintaining and traveling around the country with these buggies . All these guys want is a fair shake win or loose the same rules for everyone. I don't care how many sponsors you have or how much money is on the line if no drivers show up you don't have an event. I would keep the rules simple have them in writing and error on the side of caution when making calls...................just my opinion
true all rules should b post in black and white at every event. that would take care of these kind of problems. I think this was a lesson learned on both sides here.

rogersamurai88 said:
True lesson to be learned but so many years of learning means no respect.
hell heard dat. Just didn't get it. :dunno:
I was almost asleep and Tony freestyled and I finished readin. That's funny **** Tony.. Haha.
As I read this i keep on Thinkin one thing.. Boy am I glad I'm not the goober that decided throwing a FAWKIN cone in the race was a awesome idea.. Ohh now I get it , racing 30k plus rigs straight up the side of a mountain just isnt hard enuf.. But the cone... Oh The cone changes everything.
I Feel for the drivers that have all tha time and money in this ****, Prob been gettin ready for this for a wile, and a dam cone rains on the parade. Hard to say what my reaction woulda been... I'm thinkin I would owe everyone present that day an apology.. Atleast everyone left in good shape, no one hurt I don't guess.. Hell just tryin to be positive really, (all I could think of).

TRAVIS LOVETT SETTC 2014 ADVENTURE OFFROAD PARK

The SETTC has always used cones. I don't see the issue with using a cone. It makes it more technical rather than get back and get after it.

Dvaughn1971 said:

In my opinion, the course was well flagged out. thumb.gif

Maybe it's just me, but why were there so many cones along with the flagging, all the way up the course and at the ledge in question, it was RIGHT next to a tree? :dunno: Was there a penalty if you hit any of them or just the Bonus line? I'm just asking. I guess I would have not set that cone there and avoided the issue. You make the bonus line, you get points.

One thing that I liked about the race by watching the video's was the longer length of the runs. :dblthumb: I would like to see the runs get longer in length and give us more time to turn our motors loose and possibly be able to make up for lost time... (ie, The Bacon Nations strategy)

Other than that, way to go TATER :flipoff1:

I have no animosity toward the SETTC I have been to several of their events and have a great time at all of them. I think they are a great group of guys that were not as clear with the rules as they could have been. I hope we can learn from this and move on. These are hard working dedicated guys that have helped to build up the sport of rockbouncing.

CHASMAN9 said:
In my opinion, the course was well flagged out. thumb.gif

Maybe it's just me, but why were there so many cones along with the flagging, all the way up the course and at the ledge in question, it was RIGHT next to a tree? :dunno: Was there a penalty if you hit any of them or just the Bonus line? I'm just asking. I guess I would have not set that cone there and avoided the issue. You make the bonus line, you get points.

One thing that I liked about the race by watching the video's was the longer length of the runs. :dblthumb: I would like to see the runs get longer in length and give us more time to turn our motors loose and possibly be able to make up for lost time... (ie, The Bacon Nations strategy)

Other than that, way to go TATER :flipoff1:

Hard to stretch the legs on my ole girl in the quarry I did like the looks of the race courses looked like alot of fun.

Re:

All but one was the same courses that have been run at other events. They added about 100 feet to the second Hill which was the hill they used at the first race.

Re:

Pumpkin said:
All but one was the same courses that have been run at other events. They added about 100 feet to the second Hill which was the hill they used at the first race.

Well you knkw all the rock piles look the same.

I was the 2nd to run and the cone was moved after I walked the hill they was no way to go on left side when I previewed the hill the cone was 3 ft from the tree