• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

April 18th 2010 Reiter Work Pary

I know you're coming and thanks.:awesomework:

There have been very few CONFIRMED winch duty rigs. Anyone that can help, should.:awesomework:

Or......I can just do the work of 10.:corn:

Great! I will have the pig there for what ever use is needed.

What is it that you need winches for?

To move the few heavier logs. To move the mass of small logs. And unlike other Trail Restorations, we will be restoring the ENTIRE trail.......not just the entrance/exit. Bottom line, it makes things easier and faster.

It would be great if we got it done in 1 day, but unless 100 people show up, 1 day is unrealistic without rigs with winches.

As I mentioned before, there will only be a few rigs needed for this task. The rigs that show up to the work party that will not be needed for winching can still be used for other tasks.

I'm not in charge and not a trained leader........maybe someone in that position can chime in, to clarify.

Last edited:
Where are all of these logs coming from? Is someone dropping trees?

David (DNR) had mentioned at the last work party that he would go into Sac-Up (this week) and down some dead standing trees to use in addition to the logs available off the side of the trail.

Because many of our trails (and especially bike trails.....different discussion) went uphill in a 'straight' line, waterbars are needed to stop the run off issues. Many, many logs will be used for these waterbars. Rocks can also be used.......wanna lift them manually? I don't.......so logs are the answer.

The miscellaneous debris and more rotten logs (as they decompose) will serve as a way to promote (faster) growth of new plants/trees. Nourishment.

This is the way, as I understand it.

Last edited:
If a vehicle is designated as a standby rig, will we at least be able to drive them up to where we are working so we don't have to worry about them down below?

If a vehicle is designated as a standby rig, will we at least be able to drive them up to where we are working so we don't have to worry about them down below?

Yes.

And I wouldn't worry about all that.......a Sheriff (Ron, I like him) is present at every work party. He'll be patrolling the area for rogue wheeling and have a heavy presence in the parking lot.

Last edited:
I think I will be able to make it as it stands right now. I can bring my 4 runner up but i dont have a winch. Should be able to carrer plants though.

How many rigs are tallied as going so far??? I just might be able to make this...trailer's on loan at the moment, but supposed to get it back from Jakob tomorrow. There's also home life that may conflict, but we'll see.....:redneck:

also posted this in the other thread about tomorrow...

After spending the last 3 days in bed or at the doctors I am still barely able to walk so if i show up it is going to be only to watch. i will not be putting in any work, doctor says to stay home and in bed but that is so hard to do. i can barely get around the house let alone work. hope it all goes well and sorry to not be able to help out more.
Rick

also posted this in the other thread about tomorrow...

After spending the last 3 days in bed or at the doctors I am still barely able to walk so if i show up it is going to be only to watch. i will not be putting in any work, doctor says to stay home and in bed but that is so hard to do. i can barely get around the house let alone work. hope it all goes well and sorry to not be able to help out more.
Rick

Come out and get some fresh air and be your bossy self, we will not mind..

Latest posts