• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Are you the man of your household? NSFW thread spinoff

patooyee said:
Sometimes being the man of the house means giving up childish things when you don't want to. I think sometimes boys with toys don't understand that.
If one really is a grown, mature man he should know when he can't afford to go wheeling, or that the kids birthdays are close, or not to take too much money out of the bank because bill are coming do without his wife telling him anything.

Re:

Guys....you don't know how much you have restored my faith in mankind with all your replies.

Remind me to pick you all up a peanut butter Twix on my way home tonight. ;)

I see a bunch of people that are going to end up with a lot of problems at home.

patooyee said:
Sometimes being the man of the house means giving up childish things when you don't want to. I think sometimes boys with toys don't understand that.

THIS!!!

I sacrifice a hell of alot for my family. They always come first and don't always know when I want something. I decide whether it is something worth spending money on, regardless of whether it's something I want or not.

Me and mine have been together going on 9 years. Separate checking accounts with one joint account for transferring money around.
She never asks how much I have in mine and I don't say. I just confirm whether or not we can afford something when it comes up.
I consult her on the major money spent (except the surprise buggy) but I always have final say. She likes me being the boss and so do I!

Re:

tonybolton said:
Guys....you don't know how much you have restored my faith in mankind with all your replies.

Remind me to pick you all up a peanut butter Twix on my way home tonight. ;)

Y'all have me all gooey. Think I will text the wife and have her pick up herself a Twix on the way home. :flipgotcha:

AdamF said:
If one really is a grown, mature man he should know when he can't afford to go wheeling, or that the kids birthdays are close, or not to take too much money out of the bank because bill are coming do without his wife telling him anything.

I think most people's marriages are a little more dynamic than, "I am man. I do what I want. I club you over head with stick when I want ****. When not ****ing, you cook."

A lot of these guys on the internet who say they are the boss are full of ****. I wouldn't say that about my marriage yet when I see real-life dynamics of dudes who do say that I am amazed sometimes at how little control they really have compared to my marriage.

I have yet to meet a single one of you who is truly as bad-ass as you say you are on the internet. :) I suspect it is roughly the same about when you say you are the boss at home. The only guys that have to publicly proclaim their manhood on the internet are the guys who are insecure about it in the first place.

My main point is that there are lots of reasons guys do things they don't want to do. Rarely will a man say in a for sale ad, "Spent too much on the credit card, about to go bankrupt, need to sell asap because I am a ****ing idiot." A lot of that gets lumped into the "Wife is making me sell" category I think.

My wife knew what she was getting into when we met. I described it all in detail on our second date. I told her that if she ever made me choose I would choose the buggy but if I ever had to choose I would choose the family. Fortunately I haven't had to choose. BUT I have found that I VASTLY prefer spending time with my daughter than at the shop, on the trails, or with you guys, no offense. So as a result I am willingly and gladly reducing input into my hobby. You won't find me saying that my wife is making me do it. But one might misinterpret it as that. And I don't even care if they do. Personally I think there's something wrong with men who DON'T reduce hobby input once they start a family. I can't look at my daughter and imagine a scenario where I would rather be doing anything else. WTF is wrong with a man who can?

I was raised that the man is head of the house with his wife beside him... Not in front of or behind him. We are a team.... But at the end of the day I picked my team member an she picked me. I as head of the household take full responsibility of wether or not we succeed as a family.
May sound corny but at the end if the day if something is wrong it's my fault. Doesn't matter if she maxed out a credit card it not .... U picked her and should have a handle on her. I order buggy parts I best damn well have the bills paid. A "man" doesn't need a woman's guidance. He does what is right.... Mistakes will happen but be prepared to deal with them as head of the house.

I'm a firm believer this country would be a lot better off if 75% of the men started doing their jobs.

Lots of truth here and agree with patooyee. You can still be in charge but a true man knows when to not go or buy something before talking with the wife.

Just for example. Saturday I want to go to a dove hunt but my daughter has a birthday party that she wants to go to. Guess what I will be going to and don't mind it one bit. Happy Birthday!!!

The sad part is there is not many "REAL" men left. We are greatly out numbered by baby daddy's.

:afro: Who have no plans of taking care of there kids. :flipgotcha:

bjeep said:
The sad part is there is not many "REAL" men left. We are greatly out numbered by baby daddy's.

:afro: Who have no plans of taking care of there kids. :flipgotcha:

Seriously. These days we would be well served to just change the man's expected roll / job description to "present."

June dog said:
I've had one of those you speak of before. Not any more!! The way I look at it is if the bills are paid and the youngin has food if I want something and can afford it I'm gonna get it. Same way with the other half . Me and my wife have SEPERATE checking accounts. She works for her money and I work for mine. If she wants something she gets it and likewise . I work with a guy that wants a rc crawler so bad he can't stand it but his wife will not Let him have one. molaugh molaugh I told him to tell her she can't buy something and see how well that works out for him. Maybe some guys like being told what to do by the other half. :dunno:
Same boat here! When I first got my freedom back about six years ago, I married a smoking hot crazy motherfucker that made six figures.. Living in her house, and I was just getting on my feet.. She tried to run ****, which in turn made me miserable.. And when someone does that to me They get one response.. "GO FUK URSLEF". I left the bitch with 16K in the bank, I even left flat screens and furniture I had bought.. And Did not give a ****, I just wanted out. I have since found "the one". She keeps me somewhat inline ( required for my Dumass to stay outta trouble) and never questions anything I do, and i don't question her either.. Although I think that income has ALOT to do with it.. Cant imagine being the breadwinner and having someone tell me what to do!! Bahahaha MY ASS!! Now that is a sad situation.. I have a good friend that's in that boat.. Hell I have one that goes to Home Depot to buy a drink just to get cash back so his wife will ask him! Haha. Fawkin PUUUUUUSSSYY. That being said I'm not an asshole, and I don't abuse the situation. Like said above we are a team. And that's what it takes. I can't see myself finding someone that lets me stay in garage ALOT, don't have to be right up her ass every second, and for the love of God We do not have to text all day long!! And she feels the same way!! AlMost hard to believe. For those of you that are taking orders, i'm so sorry. :****:

patooyee said:
I think most people's marriages are a little more dynamic than, "I am man. I do what I want. I club you over head with stick when I want ****. When not ****ing, you cook."

A lot of these guys on the internet who say they are the boss are full of ****. I wouldn't say that about my marriage yet when I see real-life dynamics of dudes who do say that I am amazed sometimes at how little control they really have compared to my marriage.

I have yet to meet a single one of you who is truly as bad-ass as you say you are on the internet. :) I suspect it is roughly the same about when you say you are the boss at home. The only guys that have to publicly proclaim their manhood on the internet are the guys who are insecure about it in the first place.

My main point is that there are lots of reasons guys do things they don't want to do. Rarely will a man say in a for sale ad, "Spent too much on the credit card, about to go bankrupt, need to sell asap because I am a ****ing idiot." A lot of that gets lumped into the "Wife is making me sell" category I think.

My wife knew what she was getting into when we met. I described it all in detail on our second date. I told her that if she ever made me choose I would choose the buggy but if I ever had to choose I would choose the family. Fortunately I haven't had to choose. BUT I have found that I VASTLY prefer spending time with my daughter than at the shop, on the trails, or with you guys, no offense. So as a result I am willingly and gladly reducing input into my hobby. You won't find me saying that my wife is making me do it. But one might misinterpret it as that. And I don't even care if they do. Personally I think there's something wrong with men who DON'T reduce hobby input once they start a family. I can't look at my daughter and imagine a scenario where I would rather be doing anything else. WTF is wrong with a man who can?
Haha. I'm always interested in what you're going to post.. Seem to be really smart.. Yet still have a sense of humor! Haha. "Club her in the heAd when ya wanna ****" haha. That's way it much trouble! Just roofie her drink, everyone knows that! :wtflol: Like you I explained myself to my girlfriend, so there were no surprises , think it was on the first date.. I just pretty much told her that I was selfish in some ways, but I'm a provider no matter what I have to do.. If it came down to it and we had to have food some way, then I do wat I have to do. (God for bid).. Anyways hopefully we can meet soon so that you can then say you finally met a real badass like you were talking about! Haha kiddin.. You had me pegged at big teddy bear. :****:

Latest posts