• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

atlas

monster

monster buggy
looking to order an atlas what ratio do i need ? heres what i got 2.5 rocks, 49 irocs, 496 bb, turbo 400, csc fab chassis. never had one always ran a 205 any advice? :dunno:

i just ordered one, there's a two month wait :mad:......the best deal i found was at 4x4groupbuy.com, free shipping too!

I ran a doubler with my rockwells which is 4 to1 with 46 claws it was good for crawling but you run out of gear fast. I spent a lot of time in 2nd and 3rd gear. I would not go over a 3.8 atlas. I think thats what was in fat girl when timmie had it. Depends on horsepower and your driving style.

Paul, if you have a 205 already I would say stay with it, and try to put a 203 or doubler of some kind in front of it. with 6;72s and 49s you would leave the front in high 90% of the time, this would give you close to the same wheel speed as my rig, but with more power :dblthumb: and still be able to pull the doubler in for tec stuff.

dont think i have the room for a doubler. every seat i have tried is to tall and they are(the seats) sitting on the 205. may have to raise the roof line and go with the doubler dont want to wait 2 months on atlas.

if you look on Atlanta craigslist, there is a guy who is selling a new Lomax (case and gears) 205 3:1 for $1500......he still had it as of a couple weeks ago. it has a 27 spline input for a th350.

i got 44 boggers on my jeep with the 205 and an np435 tranny and have all the crawlin gear i could ever want...my buggy has 49 irocks with a turbo 350 and a 205 and 1st gear crawls just fine

thanks guys all of this info helps . my 205 has a slip yoke rear. does someone make sye kit for the 205?

gomer pyle said:
get a ford 205 and upgrade front and rear outputs

this, check with Ty he may have what you need laying around. I would not do anything lower than 3.0 with the rocks. the option for 4.0 with a doubler would be my choice. When you were in my rig the other day, you were in 2.72 with 5.29s and 39.5s. I would think a 205 and 49s with rocks would be pretty close. if I am trying to hill shoot then I have to let my trannie shift to second for the wheel speed. if I stay in first its a no go.

very seldom do i pull the doubler in, but it has made difference in makeing a spot and being denied.

the 205 in this jeep is clocked up with a ford output and northwest fab cable shifters....works great
297409_2018075179252_1465067426_31732546_1618251976_n.jpg

xjpaddler said:
this, check with Ty he may have what you need laying around. I would not do anything lower than 3.0 with the rocks. the option for 4.0 with a doubler would be my choice. When you were in my rig the other day, you were in 2.72 with 5.29s and 39.5s. I would think a 205 and 49s with rocks would be pretty close. if I am trying to hill shoot then I have to let my trannie shift to second for the wheel speed. if I stay in first its a no go.

very seldom do i pull the doubler in, but it has made difference in makeing a spot and being denied.

ill check with ty