• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

balancing beads for tires

machen4x4 said:
the tire store that I use wanted 13 bucks a tire for beads. is that a good price or not.

Seems like I paid more for mine... 15 or 18 I think... But if you're planning on airing down the tires to wheel a lot people say they'll get stuck in the valve stem and cause them to leak. A shot of air back in the tire should stop it though. Mine are 22.5's so I don't air them down

I've got air soft in mine from Walmart cant beat them better then steel hitting the rim when u stop

I've used both. I have the airsoft beads in my 38.5 boggers and they work good but you can hear them at times. The ones you by are probably ceramic. I had the dynabeads in my daily driver for a long time.

I used bb's . They work pretty good. Only time I noticed them was while stopping. Other than that no complaints.

I use the high density airsoft bbs in my super swampers an love em..

I don't remember how much I used but I measured it all out and it ended up being a full red solo cup in each tire using the high density bbs my buddy used just regular airsoft bbs and it took like two cups full!!!

When I ran 44" TSL and Boggers, I would use 6 golf balls in each tire. Worked great, but noisy rolling around the shop. I have not found the red labels out of balance enough to need anything.

Just bought a new JKU lifted it an put 37s on it. Tire guy charged me $5 a bag, to buy an put them in. He said 37s took 6.5 ounces. They are smooth. Couldnt ask for a better ride. $15-$18 a bag seems a little steep to me.

www.innovativebalancing.com Had good luck, they are super tiny beads and they have a chart for about every size there is telling you how many oz to get. Not the cheapest but probably the best. Used them in everything from 35s and 41s to dump truck tires. Thinking about using them in my freightliner toter truck with 22.5 low pros when I change tires.

Marty said:
www.innovativebalancing.com Had good luck, they are super tiny beads and they have a chart for about every size there is telling you how many oz to get. Not the cheapest but probably the best. Used them in everything from 35s and 41s to dump truck tires. Thinking about using them in my freightliner toter truck with 22.5 low pros when I change tires.

This.

I have used their beads on several sets of tires in different trucks. Every set balanced great.