• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Be careful what you ask for

halcat

Well, was at the lake the other day getting to know the guy that slips his boat behind mine. he just bought a Warlck cat with twin pro outboards and claimed he just came back from a gps speed of 117!!! I said ****!! What other hobbies you got. He said he also likes rock crawling. I said so did I and he went on to ask me about my rig. when I finished he asked what a rig like mine would sell for. I told him what I thought mine was worth. He picked it up Friday. I said **** again!! We went to GMP Saturday to orient him with his new rig. Moral here is he's a good guy and if you see my rig out there, it's not me any more. He is local to me and said I was welcome to borrow it any time. I said **** again. Can't get no better that that. You'll see him on the trails show him around. Thanks.. Over and out!

BTW...me

Attachments

• 2233.jpeg
    2233.jpeg
    167.2 KB · Views: 131
The thing is guys, anybody that know me knows my wife like this as much as anybody. She would egg me on all the time. " wind it up baby" was her favorite line. She was diagnosed with MS about 12 years ago and it's getting the best of her. she has spent the past three winters in Florida because she doesn't have to stay in bed all winter down there. I travel back and forth so wheeling is out of the question. I cannot go with out her. This s the first time I have been without a rig since 1976. My rigs name was " runnin outa time" well, I'm out of time. I'm afraid my run is over. I'm 65 now and I have no desire of wheeling without her. We will spend winters in Florida and summers here on the lake. Any of you guys want to join me on center hill lake, I have a 37 ft cruiser with plenty of cold beer and good smooth whiskey. BTW, I'm not near as sore on Monday after a weekend on the lake.

halcat said:
The thing is guys, anybody that know me knows my wife like this as much as anybody. She would egg me on all the time. " wind it up baby" was her favorite line. She was diagnosed with MS about 12 years ago and it's getting the best of her. she has spent the past three winters in Florida because she doesn't have to stay in bed all winter down there. I travel back and forth so wheeling is out of the question. I cannot go with out her. This s the first time I have been without a rig since 1976. My rigs name was " runnin outa time" well, I'm out of time. I'm afraid my run is over. I'm 65 now and I have no desire of wheeling without her. We will spend winters in Florida and summers here on the lake. Any of you guys want to join me on center hill lake, I have a 37 ft cruiser with plenty of cold beer and good smooth whiskey. BTW, I'm not near as sore on Monday after a weekend on the lake.

Hate to hear it's your last rig, but glad to hear you'll be out for the right reasons with your wife getting to spend as much time as possible.

I definitely understand when you say you have no desire to wheel without her. I'd be a wreck without mine. Sounds like you'll be able to spend plenty of time with her now man.

The wife and I might have to take y'all up on going on out on the boat though. Center hill is just down the road. We'll bring a mess of food or something with us. Which marina are y'all out of?

The Luke said:
I definitely understand when you say you have no desire to wheel without her. I'd be a wreck without mine. Sounds like you'll be able to spend plenty of time with her now man.

The wife and I might have to take y'all up on going on out on the boat though. Center hill is just down the road. We'll bring a mess of food or something with us. Which marina are y'all out of?
we are at sligo G1 slip. BTW, you would be surprised who shows up there. A couple weeks ago we had Rockwell 1 and his 353 fastec, Adam woodlee, who just bought a fine cruiser, RCB trucking, has a house boat there, Cody and Emily also have bad ass boats. Maybe the same group just a different kind of traction.

Sad to hear about your wife. I can definitely understand. Watched my dad battle ms for 20 years until he finally lost the fight last year

Re:

Glad you have your priorities straight. Take care of her and check in on us from time to time.

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Hal, I am going to miss wheeling with you and Kim but I completely understand why you sold it. Tell Kim that I said hello and hopefully we can work out a time to stop by and see you at the lake.

That sounds like it worked out for the best. Get on here and shoot the breeze with us from time to time!

Re:

lowbudgetjunk said:
Glad you have your priorities straight. Take care of her and check in on us from time to time.

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

was thinking the same thing. good luck with everything.

Hal, I am just a few ticks under you in age, BUT, anytime you feel the need for some rock therapy, I GOT YA COVERED SIR. Pm me anytime, and I will have a seat for you. God has bigger plans for you both and will continue to look over you both. thumb.gif

ADMINISTRATOR

Hal, you and Kim have always been great to be around. We've had some great times on the trails and at camp. Hopefully we will cross paths on the water some day. Or if you get a chance and want to hit the trails, you know someone in our group will have a seat for ya.

Hal it's been a pleasure knowing you and riding with you and I wish you both well hope to see you around like the rest of us if you want to ride just hit me up and we will make it happen !