• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Beadlock add ons

Myjay95

Im looking to add beadlocks to my current wheels. Can this be done on an aluminum wheel? Whats the pros/cons on alum vs steel wheel beadlocks? Who/where is the best place to order or obtain such a kit from? Thanks for any info.

I had these with no complaints on my 4runner with38 tsl-sx but I would sell my wheels and get a set of racelines ect

http://www.sky-manufacturing.com/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?preadd=action&key=SKY-BLK-015

167_1263411009-thumb.jpg

Did my own on a set of wheels just like the ones in your avatar. Actually my yj is set up just like that but black. I burnt mine out on a plasma table, milled about 1" off the lip and welded them on with a spool gun. Started out with a 15x10 wheel and came out just a hair under. I copied the dimensions from a DIY kit roughly. Been running these for about 8 years with no issues other than chewing up outer rings on rocks. Have since went to mild steel outers.

Hope this helps and gives you some ideas. And yes there are several companies out there that will convert your old wheels too. I was just too cheap and had tools to do it.

Yea im kinda in the same boat, i dont wanna buy new wheels at the time, so i was just gonna add some locks and rings to these. Could i just have someone weld the inner rings to my wheels? Or do they have to be milled down first? I have a friend who is a great welder, who do you recommend to buy the kit from?

I had to cut my 10" wide wheel down or would have ended up with a really wide goofy looking wheel. On the DIY kits you start with a 8" wheel and add a ring, tire bead, then another ring it gets wider. I also had to move my valve stem farther in.
Do lots of research first and talk to your welder buddy and make sure he is comfortable doing this. I would do it again for myself but, not sure I would for someone else.