• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

BeerJ's BuzzBuggy Build-o-rama!

Couple of crappy, dark and cluttered pics from today. No more jack stands! It's being sucked down with straps here because the spring rates are a little too high. I was shooting for 7" of shaft showing and ended up with 8.5" in the front and almost 9.5" in the back. Although the rear is going to have almost 100 lbs added between the fuel cell and gas. These pics are with the shocks at mid travel and the belly at 22.75" but that will be a little less with the skid on. I'll try to get some better pics tomorrow in the daylight.

I'm not too gung ho but I have free spring swapping with these. The only catch is I can't run them if I want to swap. I'm gonna talk to Ryan at accutune before I do anything. Might drop a 100 lb weight on the back just to see how far down it goes as it sits.

Couple of daylight pics. The upper chassis mounts were originally a 1 piece mount where 2 links would converge at the chassis. I was going to use it for the lowers but I had a hard time keeping the numbers right with the lowers that low. So I just cut the thing in half and used it for the uppers.

Here's the axle end. Nothing special but I at least want to make the truss continue down to the link mount. They're both 3/8th so it should blend together pretty well.

Not real happy with the steering link angles. I think the artec truss puts the ram too high. Maxes out the rod end and the link contacts the truss long before it reaches full stroke. I may end up moving the links on top of the arms and making them triple sheer.

A lot going on in this pic. Steering pump is mounted, alternator is moved over to the pass side and the coolant lines are ran to and from the engine.

Last one, this time I lowered it with the adjusters.

Thanks dude. I think the nicest part is not having to worry about knocking it off the stands. :rolf: But it's surely exciting seeing it at this point though I I know there's still a huge list of things that need to be done. I think the light is there, just really dim. thumb.gif

What do guys usually do for steering lines? I'm hoping there's a way to make them myself rather than taking a bunch of numbers to a hose shop.

Local 4x4 shop sells hose and do it yourself screw on ends.
I've heard some ends don't work with some hose.

Beerj said:
Thanks dude. I think the nicest part is not having to worry about knocking it off the stands. :rolf: But it's surely exciting seeing it at this point though I I know there's still a huge list of things that need to be done. I think the light is there, just really dim. thumb.gif

What do guys usually do for steering lines? I'm hoping there's a way to make them myself rather than taking a bunch of numbers to a hose shop.

I have mine made at the local hose and hydraulic shop. I prefer crimped ends for steering. Lots of pressure there.

Man, having lines made sounds expensive. Also, I'm sure with my luck I'd only get 1/3 of them the right length and need to get more made. Thanks for the suggestions though

It usually costs me about 125-150 to have my lines made. What costs is any bastard ass metric fittings if you get a European threaded orbital. Use an air hose. Route that **** using a standard shop air hose. Mark the one end then measure it and viola.

Looks great!!!! i definitely recommend adding all the little details before swapping, you'd be surprised how fast that stuff adds up.

Looking forward to seeing it in action!!!

Thanks Ryan. I think you're right about waiting. I'd hate to go lighter just to have to crank the preload after the fact.

Yeah, when you're combined rate is 60 lb/in it doesn't take much to bring it down a couple inches.