• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Bending tubes question

Lauderdale

Get To Know Me.
So I purchased this tubing bender from Eastwood I was attempting to bend some 1 1/2 .120 wall and it kinks everytime is there a way to go at it I tried two different attempts and gave up. Here's a picture of the bender the holes for the rollers are spaced and inch from each other.
ny9y4eda.jpg

Sent from an iPhone using Tapatalk!

Re: Re: Bending tubes question

Sorry to say but that's not a tube bender that's a pipe bender. Big difference

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Try moving your other roller all the way out ...make sure your using right size die ...the dies on that are measured for pipe (i.d.) so if ur using tubing (o.d.) u might need smaller die

You can do whatever you want with the rollers but it will still kink the material.

Try what guess19 said if you are bending 1 1/2 go one size die under 1 1/2 and try that I watch a dude on YouTube do that and he was making some good bends. And also you can drill a hole in your die and and take some kind of flat stock and bend it and bolt it to your die and it will be like strap where tube will stay against your die and it won't kink,it's all worth a try

One of my friends is using a bender like that and he had the same problem so he started going on both sides of where the bend will be and made a small bend on each side. Then he was able to make a sharper bend without bad kinks. Takes a little more time but is a lot better than wasting pipe. I think with that style of bender there is no way to have no kink at all. He also had the rollers all the way to the outside.

Re: Re: Bending tubes question

They work ok for bending heavier wall stuff, you can get a "rolled tube" look pretty easy/quick, just a bunch of really small bends close together. That's the only thing I've used mine for in 10 years...

You can modify the die to fit the tubes and it will work but not near as good as a real bender................................

I've seen dies like your modified with a piece if Dom bent then sliced in half making a liner for your die, that allows a much better fit for tube to rest in and it helped alot with the quality of the bend but ultimately your prolly never gonna get a great bend with any remedy cuz these benders don't pull tube through and stretch it, they just press the tube into a bend more less

Hay bud if u wanted to drive back over I will bend u up a couple of sticks in different bends I will do 2 stick on the house that will get u by till we do the links

That's so much hassle, get a good Dawn die and angle over the rollers. I've made anything from sliders to cages with it