• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Best atv park in southeast?

CheapJ7

Mustache rides?
Looking to take the girlfriend and parents on a little weekend getaway/ leaf looking trip... Wanted to know some of you guys' experiences on whick parks are the best.
I've been looking at coal creek/windrock, Brimstone, and royal blue... I've been to windrock, but its been a while...
Any others I should check out... My only requirements are that you are allowed to ride double, The trails aren't All ridiculously difficult, the scenery is good, and you can ride all day without hitting the same trails...

Thanks for the help. :drinkers:

Not quite what I would call south east, and it maybe a little farther north than you are talking, but I heard the Hatfield McCoy trails are perfect for the family trips with one way trails and excellent maps, lodging as well as dinning.

Find mountainside on facebook. Its a great time, and everyone there is great! Atmosphere is wonderful, and great ride!! Soo much fun! Girlfriend would love it!

Thanls for the input bob, I've been to hatfield and mccoy several times. It is hands down the Best place to ride... They have some Nasty Nasty single track stuff...

But thats about 12 hours for us, alittle too far for the trip i'm talking about... Id like to keep it around 6 or under...

Love mountainside too, but its more obstacle oriented than all day leaf looking...

Coal Creek is where we ride all the time. The trails may be a little difficult and rough for family riding, but we ride with 2 people alot. You can stay off the rough stuff and do alot of sight-seeing from the dirt roads. Never been to Brimstone or Royal Blue, but I hear they are good too and not as rough as Coal Creek.

just got back from brimstone really nice place, windrock is my favorite .havent got to go to hat n mcoys yet but hope to before the year is over guess it really depends how far ya want to drive.

Go ahead and laugh molaugh but Stoney Lonsome fits all the requirements, with the exception of not riding the same trails all day. And it's what, under an hour from you? Gas is high right now :afro:

grcthird said:
Go ahead and laugh molaugh but Stoney Lonsome fits all the requirements, with the exception of not riding the same trails all day. And it's what, under an hour from you? Gas is high right now :afro:

We've been to stoney a few times. They've got a great deal on their cabins going on right now. It gets better everytime, but still rather small...

Did you guys camp at Brimstone or stay somewhere close? Any particular rules and regulations I need to know about or any advice? Thanks

Hot Springs is the best park in terms of facilities in the SE. It also has ATV trails and is in a pretty cool town. Worth the trip IMO

grcthird said:

Agreed, we made a day trip there and was surprised by alot of the trails they had cut. Also had a great setup for camping and trail markings. thumb.gif

I've been to windrock a few times, we went and rode the outer trails @ windrock one year and we headed out about 9 am and didn't get back till 2 the next morning, I like Brimstone better and they have cabins you can rent now and you can also stay in a motel in Hunstville, Tn and it has some good places to eat near by, but it also needs to be marked better, the last time I was there you could get on some bad stuff before you knew it, but the group I was with it didn't matter but for the family becareful. last time I went to windrock we stayed in pigion forge it's only an hour drive made it nice the wife shopped one day and the guys went and rode

i was with kennywayne at brimestone we stayed in the bluffs cabin in the park really nice and convient to the trails took the whole family my boys rode in the back of the rhyno really laid back place to ride with good maps:)

bucket said:
i was with kennywayne at brimestone we stayed in the bluffs cabin in the park really nice and convient to the trails took the whole family my boys rode in the back of the rhino really laid back place to ride with good maps:)

Where did you get your information for the cabin rentals? The website is rather vague on the details...

B.DRAKE said:
Hardline UTV Windrock Ride? :dunno: Im in :drinkers: :driving:
Lets say hardline Utv/Atv ride... Im still holding out... :flipoff1: But trust me... I can keep up on the ol' foreman...