• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

best deal on coilovers

Sunfire

I recently got a pretty good deal on bumps from zukizzy on Pirate, also. The level of tech / tuning he is capable of providing is matched by none. I haven't had the need to price him for shocks though.

The person that is the "lowest" on coilovers is the one that will allow you to swap undamaged springs out until you get your spring rates correct. Getting the lowest price and ending up with 8 or so unused springs makes the price higher. Negioate this during the sale.

JohnG said:
The person that is the "lowest" on coilovers is the one that will allow you to swap undamaged springs out until you get your spring rates correct. Getting the lowest price and ending up with 8 or so unused springs makes the price higher. Negioate this during the sale.
never thought of that. thanks for the info

Moab offroad call Max he can hook you up Louisville ky and is good on tuning and spring rates

Don't waste your money, price fox or kings. Fox would be my choice currently. Zukizzy works for them and is one of the best, if not the best shock tuner in our sport. I've worked with him on my buggies coil overs and a customers truck.

JohnG said:

Careful enough calculation, measurement, and knowledge can allow you to nail it your first or second try. This might require the use of the dreaded Excel, or a computer, or even research. I nailed mine the first try using a combination of the many CALULATORS out there. A few months later I went back and swapped 2 of the 8 springs out for 50 lbs lighter springs just out of personal preference. Then I had the good fortune of being able to do some tuning with zukizzy and he said my springs were perfect.

I know a lot of people here don't believe in computers and would prefer to just have an unlimited UPS shipping account to randomly try springs with though.

Re:

I have been talking to Ben at FilthyMotorsports about a set of Kings, guy really knows his stuff and is super nice!! Offers free exchange on springs too. Nobody really local enough for me to deal with face to face.

Re:

infamous1 said:
I have been talking to Ben at FilthyMotorsports about a set of Kings, guy really knows his stuff and is super nice!! Offers free exchange on springs too. Nobody really local enough for me to deal with face to face.

I bought a pair of king bumps from Ben. A month later no bumps.
He strung me along saying king was out bla bla.
I send an email to cancel them. He said they will ship that day.
They did. Got the box in and they where ordered the same day they shipped.
Shady. He was 15 bucks cheaper than Scott at sunfire. But Scott will
always get my business from now on.

Read and UNDERSTAND Billavista's Coilover Bible.

http://www.billavista.com/tech/Articles/Coilover_Bible_Part_1/index.html

I have studied and learned more this past week than ever.

38 Special front is 325/350 which is an initial spring rate of 168.3 and due to the lean in and rearward, has an Installation Ratio of .8678 giving a corrected initial spring rate of 146.2 which is full stroke as there is no stop ring.

Solo Buggy front is 170/250 , so the initial spring rate is 101.2, installation ratio of .8934, giving a corrected initial spring rate of 90.4. After the stop ring contacts, the main spring rate is 223.4 corrected.

It takes a lot of studying to see how you can set up a coilover where 250/170 (223.4) is stiffer than a 325/350 (146.2). And softer too!!!!

JohnG said:
I thought Jimmy did, but not having first hand knowledge, I was not going to state it, thanks.
If you weigh your rig and give him a few ideas of what you want he will tune them too. EOR are the only people that will ever touch my suspension/shocks.