• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

BFG retreads?

ibrokeit said:
You can call treadright and request the carcass you want. Or you were able to in the past.

Hmmmm, didn't know that. Anyway, he can't get the size I want but maybe someone else needs some.

ibrokeit said:
You can call treadright and request the carcass you want. Or you were able to in the past.

Yep. It sometimes takes a little longer to get the carcass you want. I got the BFG A/T look alikes on the BFG A/T carcass a while back for a 4runner I had.

Treadwright was awesome too. One tire delaminated really bad in one section and they sent me a new one. Was just a cosmetic issue but then I had a new spare... Tires seemed to wear good while I had them. Probably only put 6K on them though.

I agree with all above. The real km2 ( the tread of the tire listed) is a mud terrain not an all terrain. Still a decent price and would run them if trying to save money.

No joke. Hell they guess at the tire compound when they make retreads although they look the same the rubber isnt the same.

Buddy has four brand new bfg KM2's 33.12.50.15 for 950. Never mounted. Bought new a month ago. 205-834-1361

grcthird said:
When is somebody gonna do this in a sticky compound? Would be a cheaper affordable tire for the rest of us.

Not sure you could come up with the compound. I know you wouldn't be able to get your hands on the BFG compound. Hell a lot of times we can't even get it.

BradWester said:
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^That's funny when the manufacture cant get their own rubber compound to make tires!!!!!!!!

The Red Label compound comes from Greenville where BFGs main head quarters are and sometimes they don't have all the stuff to make it or it takes a while to get. It's really pretty crazy how it all works. Most people think you just pour rubber in a mold and bam you have a tire.

there is a brand new set of 285/75/16 on a dually i just bought. didn't realize they were retreads until i got home in the daylight and noticed 3 of the sidewalls were different makes but all have the same tread. they ride pretty good but not sure how well they are balanced. I'm going to have them rotated and balanced and i will post how well they balanced,
they all look good except 1 tire some of the side lugs have started to peel up

We got a set on our farm truck with the old school Goodyear mt tread. Out the door mounted for $400. I drive it on the road a lot.

Sent from the mans IPhone.

I would drive on them, never had retreads on a personal vehicle but a few folks I have heard said they aren't bad over at Pirate.

Since I tend to be on the economical I would go for it...

Re: Re: BFG retreads?

I'll probably be buying a new set of tires for the yota before summer. I'll probably go with these.