• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Bottom dollar!? Wtf

TBItoy

Since when did it become the norm to ask someone what their "bottom dollar" is on an item for sale?

Wtf does that even mean?! If I wanted less for it, I'd have listed it for less! At least make an offer!

Bottom line is, if I really want to sell it, and you make an offer, then it may be my bottom dollar.

TBItoy said:
Since when did it become the norm to ask someone what their "bottom dollar" is on an item for sale?

Wtf does that even mean?! If I wanted less for it, I'd have listed it for less! At least make an offer!

Bottom line is, if I really want to sell it, and you make an offer, then it may be my bottom dollar.

i've been think'n the same thing here lately with **** i'm selling. when i sell parts i hate haggling, i price my stuff for what i want out of it, take it or leave it.

It's just a nice way some cheap bastard to say " I am to cheap to pay what you want " :wtflol:

I, myself think it's a fair and resonable question. Most guys post things up for sale for a high price, then in about two weeks it drops a couple of dollars or even hundreds.

Why should I wait two weeks for you to drop to your bottom dollar. Why not just tell me what it is, because usually when someone asked that question your more than likely to high or selling something nobody really needs.

Example: Stock chevy dana 60 for sale $200 No ones going to ask your bottom dollar, their just going to buy.

Stock chevy dana 60 for sale $ 1,300 This price needs a bottom dollar, or wait two weeks untill the price drops.

like said above people are used to seein stuff on here and then price drops so they may think everyone deals that way. parts i can see being priced to move from the beginning. Rigs on the other hand are sometimes a lil higher to allow some neg. but yeah when you say FIRM and they still ask bottom dollar its just gets annoying

Its the pawn star effect... everyone watches those shows on tv and are instant expert negoitiators. I for one will just shoot you a price that i wanna pay and if you like it great if not thats fine too.

kid rok said:
I, myself think it's a fair and resonable question. Most guys post things up for sale for a high price, then in about two weeks it drops a couple of dollars or even hundreds.

Why should I wait two weeks for you to drop to your bottom dollar. Why not just tell me what it is, because usually when someone asked that question your more than likely to high or selling something nobody really needs.

Example: Stock chevy dana 60 for sale $200 No ones going to ask your bottom dollar, their just going to buy.

Stock chevy dana 60 for sale $ 1,300 This price needs a bottom dollar, or wait two weeks untill the price drops.

Agreed!!!!!

I always all what bottom dollar is, my dad will ask what bottom dollar is then low ball lower then that, normally they will take

Hmm guess there are some people on both sides of the fence.

IMO haggling/jewing/negotiating starts with and OFFER not a QUESTION of "How cheap will you sell this?"

Try that at a car/motorcycle/atv dealer and see how far that gets ya.

ALSO, how bout those people that EXPECT you to sell them **** cheaper because they are gonna have to drive a long way to get something. Hell, I've had people offer me less than half my asking price on $$ wheels/tires and $$$ axles... and their reasoning was that they would have to spend money on gas to pick it up... Not my problem

OR the people that show up with LESS money than the previously agreed upon price then get pissed when you send them away empty handed... :afro: :flipgotcha:

But, by the time you weed through them folks, usualy you find a decent buyer.

Pretty much everyone on hardline has been straight up so I cant really complain 'bout that. :spin:

I strongly agree negotiations shouldn't start with that question. It seems if a buyer wants to offer a figure less than the published price, that's a much better place to start negotiating.

I price my stuff with what I think it is worth, when all this bottom dollar BULLSHIT starts I usually just say " Come look at it and make me an offer". :fish:

I have yet to have a bottom dollar, tire kicker, yahoo, come to look at anything so I don't really EVER consider them to be serious. :flipoff1:

And I agree about the Hardline classifieds being great! Hell my toyota and most of the stuff on it came from here. thumb.gif Only got burned one time but that happens so no big deal.

The correct answer to, "what's your bottom dollar," is, "don't know, what's your best offer?"

J. J.

ALSO, how bout those people that EXPECT you to sell them **** cheaper because they are gonna have to drive a long way to get something. Hell, I've had people offer me less than half my asking price on $$ wheels/tires and $$$ axles... and their reasoning was that they would have to spend money on gas to pick it up... Not my problem

OR the people that show up with LESS money than the previously agreed upon price then get pissed when you send them away empty handed... :afro: :flipgotcha:

Those are the ones that piss me off. :gtfo:

I hate the people that live within an hour of you and want you to email them 50 pictures. I understand if someone is halfway across the country and can't actually come look at what you are selling, but usually the people who really want to buy will come see the item in person, and the idiot texting you at 5A.M. wanting pictures is just wasting your time.

And what about the retards that want to trade you their Xbox,50 DVDs,an old refridgerater,3 half tread swampers, a baby crib,2 chickens,a 1978 honda cb450 that "just needs a little work", and dog cage because they think that all that crap sold seperatly would equall your asking price and then they get mad when you tell them to :gtfo:

TBItoy said:
Hmm guess there are some people on both sides of the fence.

IMO haggling/jewing/negotiating starts with and OFFER not a QUESTION of "How cheap will you sell this?"

Try that at a car/motorcycle/atv dealer and see how far that gets ya.

But, by the time you weed through them folks, usualy you find a decent buyer.

Pretty much everyone on hardline has been straight up so I cant really complain 'bout that. :spin:

Totally agree. Part of the sale is getting to a price both buyer and seller can stomach. "What's your bottom dollar?" just irritates me, especially if "OBO" follows my price. MAKE AN OFFER!

Dang't, man!

Think I'll start countering with "What's your best offer?" as previously mentioned. Good idea!