• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

brakes

ontherun

Anybody run a remote hydroboost i'm thaking CNC pedal and single master, hydroboost behind the radiator with a clutch slave mounted to it.
I love the hydroboost but just dont have room for it in the normal spot on the buggie. Or do you run the duel masters.
The rig will weigh in about 4k 302,c4,4.3 Atlas, 43s and 538 gears...
Just want to stop this thing proper, thanks for any input....L

Ok, i guess what i was asking is who runs the CNC double masters and how well does it stop your rig, and hold it with steep gearing...L

We need to know what calipers your are running.

I like the idea of a remote hydroboost though.
Hydroboost brakes kick ass my wife and kids love them on our buggy.
Superduty hydroboost, mc, front calipers & 3/4 gm in the rear. It will absolutely lock tge 38"s up on pavement from about 40 mph with one foot.

Thanks for that Rusty, we're running ford duel piston up front 3/4 chevy single piston out back. We love hydroboost also, just have to bite the bullet and get the remote hydroboost, i'm still going to try to fab one just for giggles..

I would say a 7/8 mc for the front and a 3/4 for the rear and long ratio pedal if you go manual. Or just a superduty mc if you go hydroboost.

Talked to a few guys who are running the duel masters and don't think i'll go that route. Went and got a clutch slave for $20, i have a Chevy 3/4 ton hydroboost with master, it has always done a great job, it would lock the 43s without much effort. I'll attach the slave to the boost, Even if it's a fail i'm going to try it. I'll only be out 20 bucks.....L

The gearing and tire size makes a big difference, We don't want to wear out the knees trying to hold this thing in one place trying to winch a friend out of trouble. They get in trouble alot.. :)

This will go to ghetto fab, but screw it. I'll clean it up later...put it together in a day, it works, bench tested it, it will suit my needs and cost $20.00

IMG_1055_zps27f94122.jpg

IMG_1059_zpsc8ed68ba.jpg