• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Brett Jerome's barn build aka "Ain't Easy"

Had it blasted then primed it all major fab work is done down to body panel tabs. I'm sure I will have to add something just needed to get it done anyways. Plan is to get it running then tear it back down for paint.

Pretty damn happy

Started getting it back together. Finishing up the fuel cell this week then probably going to start some plumbing.

Oh been slow one of my fainting goats got sick. Had to give it a shot when I did it jumped right through the electric fence which shorted out and caused a fire on my cub cadet :****: damn zero turn mowers, can't blame the goat. Ha really taking a break for a bit been sitting int the shop drinking bud and lookin at it dats the truth!

ratedX said:
Wasn't expecting that response lol keep it up
Ha just been taking a break. Trying to decide what to tackle next, hitting that dreaded point in the build where most of the fun and creativity stops. Won't have many updates for a bit prolly take my time and finish her out right this winter.

Your rig is badass btw! Congrats

What are the advantages of a procharger vs. supercharger? I'm just assuming that a procharger is a turbo that is spun by the belt instead of exhaust gas?

Im84 said:
1950 f5 cab, custom frame ect, 19k rockwell rear end, 12 valve cummins
Good god almighty! That F5 is the coolest tow rig I have ever seen! And to have a 12 valve...? I'm just speechless! Well done Sir!

Sent from my cellular device.

patooyee said:
What are the advantages of a procharger vs. supercharger? I'm just assuming that a procharger is a turbo that is spun by the belt instead of exhaust gas?

Are you asking the advantages of a centrifugal vs roots maybe?

throttlejunkie said:
Are you asking the advantages of a centrifugal vs roots maybe?

Maybe? IE, if you're going to belt-drive it, why not a supercharger / roots blower?

patooyee said:
Maybe? IE, if you're going to belt-drive it, why not a supercharger / roots blower?

Guess I'm still confused, because Procharger is a supercharger. Its just a name brand of, like Vortech, Paxton, and such.
But Hell I like em all! booyang I

I'm definitely not up on forced induction technology but it seems to me that inside that belt driven housing is a compressor similar to what one would find in a turbo charger. It's obviously not a roots supercharger at least. Regardless, if you're going to belt drive whatever is inside there, why would one use it instead of something like this:

SDC10739.jpg

Maybe the gentlemen building this rig can chime in, but. Personally I love the roots blower, they typically provide more low end boost/power vs the centrifugal blower providing the most gains at higher rpms, much like a turbo having to spool up off exhaust gasses. Also these are normally less expensive of a kit to find compared to the roots, and the roots builds higher discharge temps. Both are capable of serious boost potential. I worked on a pan that had a Detroit that was turbo + supercharger, I thought that was the coolest thing I ever saw!