• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Brett Jerome's barn build aka "Ain't Easy"

She's full of everything but E85! Got the stazworks plumbed and wired. Bleeding the steering this week and awaiting my harnesses and she'll be running hopefully again this coming weekend. Hopefully be able to get some limiting straps soon and she will be close to buttoned up!

Talked to patoyee awhile back about my steering. Ended up going to a smaller cylinder. I had the 3" psc ones before just because I ran them before with 54"s but obviously those aren't needed here. Stazworks rear kit was really easy to install supposed to be a "bare bones" kit compared to most of the ones he sells. I know a few on here have the same one. Going to fab up a plate off my upper four link bracket to protect the self center cylinder after seeing PB2. Right now I have a 1:1 gear set in the profab. It's got some wheel speed now but I might throw in a 1.25:1 that I have and call it good for now. I really think the sweet spot for this will be around 1.3:1 we will see. It's colder than ballz here so putting her up for a bit and going to order a Kevko oil pan so I can finish my front skid plate. Soon as it warms up a bit I will get some vids

Make sure and let us know any events you will be attending i wanna hear that sweet procharger/open header music blasting some hills. :woot:

i grew up 5 miles from the drag strip there is always a few things that just make you drool and you sir have one of them.

Rootar said:
Make sure and let us know any events you will be attending i wanna hear that sweet procharger/open header music blasting some hills. :woot:

i grew up 5 miles from the drag strip there is always a few things that just make you drool and you sir have one of them.

Thanks for the compliments guys, it hasn't even hit a trail yet I hope it does well. No matter what I know I'm very pumped that it is done it's been a long road. I've had somebody hit me up about buying it. Not sure I could put a price tag on it now so I'm going to go flog it for this summer and see how it does. It's a nasty bitch at least in a flat field ha. Should be at big meat run in Oklahoma on the 28th of March.

Damn, can't make the BMR this year, will be somewhere in Mexico on my honeymoon. Don't be shy about posting that thing, especially videos!

you sir are talented! I'm in the bouncer market now and am looking at all these different buggies and am just blown away with the level of skill and talent you guys have to build these things! I unfortunately have no talent building them, so will have to employ someone like you to do it for me.

Awesome buggy!!!

Great job Brett on the overhead U shaped cage. Looks great and gives a bit more head/ helmet room. Great job overall. :dblthumb:

CHASMAN9 said:
Great job Brett on the overhead U shaped cage. Looks great and gives a bit more head/ helmet room. Great job overall. :dblthumb:

Thanks a bunch. I had it planned out without the top like it is but it wasn't near enough headroom with a helmet. All of that is .188 wall too hopefully that will keep it from denting as much. I had to fix a fair amount of smashed tube on my old rig, it sucks.

abjeep94 said:
you sir are talented! I'm in the bouncer market now and am looking at all these different buggies and am just blown away with the level of skill and talent you guys have to build these things! I unfortunately have no talent building them, so will have to employ someone like you to do it for me.

Awesome buggy!!!

I wish I could whip them out like other people and I guess I probably could if somebody was paying me to do so, but after building this for this long I couldn't even begin to think about bending more tube right now. Luckily I think this board has some of the most talented builders in the scene right now. whether it be full blown shops like wide open or back yard chassis builders like myself I'm sure you can find someone on Hardline.

First time with the front driveshaft in. Good times

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NMguoTGOnzg