• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Broke pos splined lug nut socket....need another one

TacomaJD

I LIKE CHEAP STUFF.....
When I bought these LE wheels off of Craigslist for my Ranger, the guy gave me an aftermarket set of lug nuts to work woth the aluminum wheels, along with a splined socket that went with em. I just broke the little thin piece of ****, now where or how do I find another one? No markings on it as to indicate a size or manufacturer, so I'm not really sure where to look. Pics below.

757c6d3112a7d4e38f407ae0d8dc17f8.jpg

afb708da2f3aabca729768c46dfc674e.jpg

Re:

It broke when putting the last wheel back on after finishing the lift kit. I'm eventually gonna order new wheels and tires, which will probably come with new lug nuts and another socket, but it will be a few more weeks. I need to finish tightening 3 lug nuts on one wheel, and will obviously need to take em back off when I get the new wheels/tires in.

If you have any of the nuts off, go to a local atv store or tire shop with a lug nut to figure out what pattern it is??
I have had good luck with a local tire shop on a locking lug nut that I didn't get the socket for when I bought the vehicle.

Re:

Will try that, maybe between a couple tire shops and Yamaha dealer in town, somebody will have one. Burns me up.

do you have a Discount Tire nearby? if so, we carry 2 different sizes and are typically Gorilla brand. hope that helps.

I think Pepboys carries the other bigger brand (which escapes me right now)

al1tonyota said:
Mail it to me I'll weld it up grind it down and you can come back to ttown for round two and pick it up!

Jeezus, I don't know if I can survive another trip like that! :****: :drinkers:

GIZMO1 said:
I have a few of them sockets if you cant find one locally.

Awesome may, hollar if I can't find one! Thanks!

Terryjmatthew said:
Find a cheap socket that is close in size and hammer that bitch on there. :****:

No hammering, I need a replacement, because it won't be the last time I use it.

j-mox said:
Tighten a hose clamp around it :dunno:

It wouldn't fit into the lug well then.

1tfrot said:
do you have a Discount Tire nearby? if so, we carry 2 different sizes and are typically Gorilla brand. hope that helps.

I think Pepboys carries the other bigger brand (which escapes me right now)

No discount tire that I know of? Small town northeast AL lol

TacomaJD said:
Jeezus, I don't know if I can survive another trip like that! :****: :drinkers:

Awesome may, hollar if I can't find one! Thanks!

No hammering, I need a replacement, because it won't be the last time I use it.

It wouldn't fit into the lug well then.

No discount tire that I know of? Small town northeast AL lol

Hit it with your purse then. hitit