• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Buggy build "Indecision"

Lookin badass. Question though, are the upper misalignments on the shocks almost maxed out? I can't imagine they've got too much more room. You know I don't know anything about them, just wondering for the sake of knowing.

No I think it's just the angle of the pic or the twist of the shock. I do have it set to where it has more potential movement if the bottom of the shock was to swing toward the chassis as opposed to swinging away if that makes any sense. I tried to envision the axle twist and how and where it would move to. When I get the rears how I want them I will heavy tack everything and pull it outside and use the forks and the tractor and pick up each corner one at a time whiles couple people watch for bind. If it passes that test I'll weld em all in fo permanent. Then I can move on to my interior or something else that needs done. I'm just excited that I don't have anything else sitting there that I have to fix first or hay to put up. I may actually get to have a little time working on MY stuff.

Will do. I'm going to try to find some time Sunday to rework the rears. After that I'll double check all of my heavy tacks and drag it outside to check.

I got my fuel cell back. I still have to polish it or have it polished (undecided). Also worked on my rear upper shock mounts. Still have to do some bracing but you get the idea.

55D20E70-F146-45DD-BF87-BEC58483FBE3_zpsqmuwpxtr.jpg

CC3F0CC1-DDDC-452C-8700-88613F798C29_zpswaowzsak.jpg

FF08E5E2-6862-4EC4-9491-50852EF80CAA_zpsqfimpr6w.jpg

0574FB10-4A0A-4E8D-952A-1933E732ACA0_zpsoffgsvh9.jpg

D00F79E4-55BE-4719-9798-784F5F231CBC_zps8l7ph0sw.jpg

2C19EA5F-FD1B-4C08-8DFB-25D864511794_zps6kdz0fga.jpg

F15C7944-21D3-4961-961F-DDC02EF7C552_zpsewgwaajk.jpg

5BrothersFabrication said:
What about a cooler and tools? I can see a dedicated bouncer not having them, but yours is a trail rig.

Patience. You really think my drinkin ass is gonna forget about a damn cooler? Come dafuq on man!! Getting there man. I figured a place for the shocks is higher on the priority list.

Yup. Intentionally. There is an imperfection on the rear that I had to work around so..... What does one do. I did stand back and look when I started building the fuel cell and decided if I made the fuel cell without the same imperfection it would draw more attention to the one in the chassis, so I decided to roll with it. In the rear where the shock hoops come back and connect at the rear, there is a 3/4 of an inch difference between left and right. So I just built the fuel cell with the same amount of ****up.

It would have been a huge pain in the ass to try to correct the chassis. The only reason it is that noticeable is because the lines drawn on the tank where I bent it. I wiped them off and it made it far less noticeable. Plus I am thinking about covering the rear with some sheet metal and putting tail/brake lights there.

My thoughts exactly. For my first ever fuel cell I didn't think I did too bad. Did you see the front link mounts? Thanks for pointing that out btw. Hopefully Ill get to take it outside and give it the ole flex test this week sometime.

I think it turned out pretty sweet. Did you figure what it holds yet or just gonna wait for the first fill up? No sight tube? :'(

No sight tube, I didn't want to deal with any potential places to leak. I'm guessing about 14 gallons but I haven't verified that yet.