• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

buggy motivation

scottsoutwheelin

i picked my buggy chassis up from jimmy smith almost a year ago i do not have no motivation to work on it. any suggestions to motivate myself? :dunno:

Look through buggy build threads, watch YouTube vids, repeat daily. If that's not enough to motivate you then another hobby might be best.

I'm in the same boat...been building mine since '09.
I went on a couple rides and got back at it...then lost it..
Bought a Toy and took it riding then stayed working on IT. Buggy still sits... :****:
I looked the other day but was out of motivation so I guess the buggy will sit some more molaugh
On a good note, the Toyota is almost done! Woohoo! :woot:

Rokcrler said:
I'm in the same boat...been building mine since '09.
I went on a couple rides and got back at it...then lost it..
Bought a Toy and took it riding then stayed working on IT. Buggy still sits... :****:
I looked the other day but was out of motivation so I guess the buggy will sit some more molaugh
On a good note, the Toyota is almost done! Woohoo! :woot:

:gay:

Oh boo boo boo you poor lil bastards i've got a buggy I can't work on and only one other rig to go ridding with I feel soooo sorry to you guys.... I've got 4 sammys. sitting in the yard cause I got to work on everyone else's **** and can't work on mine but on the upside I got money in the bank

Back when I first started riding, a buddy of mine told me some good advice "never tear down to where you can't go riding the next weekend".

Good advice, I've modified it to " Always keep a rig to go riding next weekend"

Even if it's just a stock 4x4 with a welded rear diff and a $300 winch.

Thats cheap entertainment, and will get you motivated to work on your "real" rig when you get back from a ride.

Thanks Guys, I don't feel so bad now. I have been working on my buggy for a little over 2 years.

TBItoy said:
Back when I first started riding, a buddy of mine told me some good advice "never tear down to where you can't go riding the next weekend".

Good advice, I've modified it to " Always keep a rig to go riding next weekend"

Even if it's just a stock 4x4 with a welded rear diff and a $300 winch.

Thats cheap entertainment, and will get you motivated to work on your "real" rig when you get back from a ride.

This^^^

scottsoutwheelin said:
i picked my buggy chassis up from jimmy smith almost a year ago i do not have no motivation to work on it. any suggestions to motivate myself? :dunno:

Give up. If you haven't found motivation enough to start on a beautiful chassis like that you're definitely not going to make it through the wiring / plumbing / misc. brackets / floor boards stages.

That or make proving me wrong your motivation. ;)

Got a little motivated today and finished floor up......dropping off in am to be speed lined. Ordered few more parts from Mofab -

69313_3897007580554_441003439_n.jpg

311278_3897007940563_1907018868_n.jpg

scottsoutwheelin said:
Got a little motivated today and finished floor up......dropping off in am to be speed lined. Ordered few more parts from Mofab -

69313_3897007580554_441003439_n.jpg

311278_3897007940563_1907018868_n.jpg

Looks like you found some motivation!

I couldn't agree more with TBItoys comments about don't tear down beyond semi-quick repair. Another thing that helps me/wants me to buy another rig is to go watch events, ride with some buddies from time to time, or to help work on someone's rig. That will keep you motivated.

Something else I'd have to do to stay motivated on that buggy:

Cut out that stupid ass looking "S" bar in the side.

It would make the wiring/plumbing under the "dash" much easier, and then you can replace it with a bar that doesn't look retarded.

thumb.gif