• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

building a 6.0 help!?!

scoggins511

maken them skinny
Got a 6.0 vortec everyone said that you can build them up to 500 hp easy with a lil head work and cam, but what size cam good and what kinda head work need to be done and who can do the head work for a good price in Tn???

Worros said:
We just put a 6.0 from an escalade in a jeep down here, all stock and got 420whp with just a tune..
DAM what year engine ! what gears tire size ect ect !

scoggins511 said:
Got a 6.0 vortec everyone said that you can build them up to 500 hp easy with a lil head work and cam, but what size cam good and what kinda head work need to be done and who can do the head work for a good price in Tn???
Not in TN but Lane Culver in Laceys Springs Al is a good one Jimmy at EOR uses him I know he tuned Randall Keys blaze buggy and numerous others

Contact Texas speed and performance they will tell u exactly what you need to hit the numbers very close if not over and yes you can swap cam and do some head work and tune and you'll be 550-600

Worros said:
We just put a 6.0 from an escalade in a jeep down here, all stock and got 420whp with just a tune..

Damn. What all is done to the motor?

do you have an lq4 or lq9? if you have an lq9 you can use a gm performance asa cam with a good tune and be real close to 500hp.

bighook said:
do you have an lq4 or lq9? if you have an lq9 you can use a gm performance asa cam with a good tune and be real close to 500hp.
i couldnt tell ya man i just bought it from a guy

Mine just did 315.5 HP and 312.6 TQ at the wheels 03 6.0 LQ4, 4L80 ,241OR 4/10s and 37S with a cam swap, valve springs, headers,10inch TQ convertor tuned on chassis dyno that would be a bad SOB with a little more work

ALLJ said:
DAM what year engine ! what gears tire size ect ect !
TBItoy said:
gotta be a typo, or dyno error. 420 wheel hp would be like 500-550 crank hp.
Travis said:
Damn. What all is done to the motor?

It's a vortec 6.0, lq9 heads, ls2 intake and cam big ol throttle body and a tune from vengeance racing. Jeep used to race ECORS in the stock modified class.. Had a northstar v8 and 700r trans before we did the swap, 60/14 on 39" krawlers. sum bitch'll launch now..

We made 395 whp on Lane's dyno with just HCI. That was with 40's and 4.56's. If you do the math, that's right about 525 hp at the crank at 25% loss... If I can do math. But it'll smoke the 40's down the road anyways. ;D

It ought to be a law on here not to claim horsepower numbers without a dyno sheet posted to prove it,

Everything I have ever seen or read says you lose about 35-40% through the kind of drivetrains we run. Mine through a th350, np205, 4.56 gears, 44"boggers only made like 285Whp. That was on Lane's Dyno when he tuned it. I would like to see some dyno sheets also. I had my heart broke after the rebuild of my motor. I was expecting to see 400 whp or so. Lane directly told me it was a 485-500 hp motor but to bet on atleast 35% loss and 40% if I wanted to be honest with myself.
Mine is only a 2000 LS1 383 stroker and cam build.