• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Business owners!

5BrothersFabrication said:
Yeah, I remember my first part time job... :flipoff1:

I don't mind putting in the work, I just want to get something for it. There's a reason me and Tony B pick up cans on the side.

I know you don't mind the work man, me either, I'm just a old ass country boy that has a trade. But I have worked for other people and I will be self employed as long as possible.

And ain't neither one of you honkeys picking up cans. :drinkers:

halcat said:
Want to buy a pipeline company....my comp and gl is 150k a year. I have 30 employees and pay 28k a week in payroll .......a week.

I've learned with high insurance and payroll comes higher gross sales. Isn't that how it works? Can't complain about paying for the guys that make your living.

mtnride said:
I've learned with high insurance and payroll comes higher gross sales. Isn't that how it works? Can't complain about paying for the guys that make your living.

I don't think that's what he complaining about at all. Its more that he has to keep everyone busy so that he can make that payroll, pay insurance, loan payments etc....

I own my own business as well and its stressful knowing that you have to make "X" amount every week to keep the doors open. You don't get days off. Your employees, as well as your own livelyhood rests firmly on your shoulders.

Also, at the end of the day you're still working for someone else that's getting rich. Its just on a bigger scale. Everyone has a boss.

I don't plan on getting big fast, I want to crunch and crunch, 2 of us late nights and Saturdays, then 3 of us crunch and crunch... just enough people to keep customers satisfied, but no more. If I have time to hardline or text, I need to look at an exit strategy. I picture wish sandwiches for a few months, but I'll break my back to get some bologna on that **** within a year.