• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Busywild 5/30/09

And a couple of videos that Ben took...

Me hitting the mud hole towards the end of the Busy pretty hard...

The Ranger, always a fun rig to watch on the trail! :redneck:

haha, Derek, everybody is spelling your name wrong!! (EDIT: nevermind, I guess there's only one, but I was reading your last Elbe thread too, so I must have gotten confused, I don't know)
I thought I was the only one, but I guess not.

I still wonder when your dad is actually going to use the exocage as a rollcage, and not body armor! You've used the LJ's cage, now it's time for him to use his.

Last edited:
haha, Derek, everybody is spelling your name wrong!! (EDIT: nevermind, I guess there's only one, but I was reading your last Elbe thread too, so I must have gotten confused, I don't know)
I thought I was the only one, but I guess not.

I still wonder when your dad is actually going to use the exocage as a rollcage, and not body armor! You've used the LJ's cage, now it's time for him to use his.

"Call me whatever you want, just don't call me late for dinner." :redneck:

we saw you, we were out there too. Wasn't it a little weird that there was so few people on the Busy? Nice pics

:hi:

we saw you, we were out there too. Wasn't it a little weird that there was so few people on the Busy? Nice pics

:hi:

Were you coming up behind us before the mudholes at the bottom? Seems like I remember seeing a group back through the trees... I thought the same thing two weekends before, we were on the busy for 10 hours and didn't see a soul. It was a sunday though...

yes, we were the group of two behind you. The two YJ's. What did you think of the modifications to the trail? Some of my favorite spots are filled in with logs and then some of the new bypasses are more difficult. I thought it was an interesting fix. Anyway- good trail minimal damage this time.

yes, we were the group of two behind you. The two YJ's. What did you think of the modifications to the trail? Some of my favorite spots are filled in with logs and then some of the new bypasses are more difficult. I thought it was an interesting fix. Anyway- good trail minimal damage this time.

Trail was way different that last year! A ton of windfall has been filled into alot of the old holes. Bypasses have become the new trail and the old trail blocked or rerouted. Almost all deadheads along the trail border have been cut around 6 feet high.

Some places were almost unrecognizable. I kept waiting for my favorite corner and it was gone.

The lower tanktraps in the bottom of the valley where it splits into three different lines can be bypassed alltogether about 200 yards before this section.:rolleyes:

I ran the whole thing without winching once, getting pulled, or needing the hilift. I though it was pretty easy compared to years before.:beer:

It was the first time i have been up there. I was curious why there were so many different routes that were either blocked off or had windfall across them. Is it legal to move fallen trees, or do you have to organize a work party with DNR or whoever to work on the trail? Regardless, The Busy was fun as hell! Didnt need to pull cable either, but i didnt take the deep hole like Les either, didnt feel like gettin wet, haha. Forgot to say "thanks" to ChopShop for some awesome spotting too! There were at least 4 different times that day where i couldnt quite get past an obstacle and he pointed me in the right direction, gettin me through it with ease. Thanks!:awesomework:

Trail was way different that last year! A ton of windfall has been filled into alot of the old holes. Bypasses have become the new trail and the old trail blocked or rerouted. Almost all deadheads along the trail border have been cut around 6 feet high.

Some places were almost unrecognizable. I kept waiting for my favorite corner and it was gone.

The lower tanktraps in the bottom of the valley where it splits into three different lines can be bypassed alltogether about 200 yards before this section.:rolleyes:

I ran the whole thing without winching once, getting pulled, or needing the hilift. I though it was pretty easy compared to years before.:beer:

That trail has changed a lot...

Nancy wants to try and stop damage by changing the trail corridor...

I'm not real sure that will help...

But, I love the first 100 yards of that trail... As long as that doesn't change...

It was the first time i have been up there. I was curious why there were so many different routes that were either blocked off or had windfall across them. Is it legal to move fallen trees, or do you have to organize a work party with DNR or whoever to work on the trail? Regardless, The Busy was fun as hell! Didnt need to pull cable either, but i didnt take the deep hole like Les either, didnt feel like gettin wet, haha. Forgot to say "thanks" to ChopShop for some awesome spotting too! There were at least 4 different times that day where i couldnt quite get past an obstacle and he pointed me in the right direction, gettin me through it with ease. Thanks!:awesomework:

It is legal to move trees that have fallen across the trail corridor however, what you're seeing are trees that have been purposefully use to block illegal bypasses on the trail. The trail has been marked with diamonds on both sides of the trail to tell you where the trail corridor is. Stay within those diamonds and all is good.

A lot of work has gone into blocking off the multiple trail options because the trail was just going all over the place. It's important that we don't undo that work.

It is legal to move trees that have fallen across the trail corridor however, what you're seeing are trees that have been purposefully use to block illegal bypasses on the trail. The trail has been marked with diamonds on both sides of the trail to tell you where the trail corridor is. Stay within those diamonds and all is good.

Dale its not bypasses that are blocked, its the main trail and the bypasses have been adopted as new the trail.

Atleast two of the old spots have been filled trees filling in the holes, but a few of the down trees that were used have diamonds on them.

Does that mean I can drive right through all the clutter, it does have diamonds on it, right?

Dale when was the last time you ran it? Its WAY different.:beer:

Dale its not bypasses that are blocked, its the main trail and the bypasses have been adopted as new the trail.

Atleast two of the old spots have been filled trees filling in the holes, but a few of the down trees that were used have diamonds on them.

Does that mean I can drive right through all the clutter, it does have diamonds on it, right?

Dale when was the last time you ran it? Its WAY different.:beer:

I've not run it since last fall, but I plan on it this weekend.

If it's in the trail corridor, you can run it :)

At the last work party I did primarly garbage clean up at the end of the 9 road, Rainier Vista and Gotcha, I didn't get to the busy at all.

I do know that a couple of years ago, we spent several weekends up there blocking off the illegal bypasses down around the mud holes, only to have jerks yank the trees and stumps back out of the way again so that they could run the illegal bypasses. We cut the bypass that starts a couple hundred yards before the mud holes to give people a way around the mud holes.

I hope they did cut the tops off trees that had the diamonds on them - that'd be really stupid!

I've not run it since last fall, but I plan on it this weekend.

If it's in the trail corridor, you can run it :)

I hope they did cut the tops off trees that had the diamonds on them - that'd be really stupid!

Thers a few holes filled with lumber containing diamonds.:rolleyes:

Alot of the work doesnt look too official at all.:eeek:

I did however see the new bypass before the mudholes by the river.:awesomework:

I would like to run it sunday aswell.:;

Thers a few holes filled with lumber containing diamonds.:rolleyes:

Alot of the work doesnt look too official at all.:eeek:

I did however see the new bypass before the mudholes by the river.:awesomework:

I would like to run it sunday aswell.:;

I'll most likely be running it on Saturday. We have the WOW fun running coming up so after we finish the setup, Jackson's been begging me to run the busy. Sunday is the fun run. The busy will be open for those who want to run it as the fun run will involve most of the other trails (except the swamp trail).

I'm going to meet some people and camp in the area can any one tell me were the snow park is located?I know were the Elbe camp area is,any info would help thanks.