• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Buying used car??

WTH

Is there a web site now that everyone is using that I am missing? EBAY does not seem to have that many for sale by owner cars anymore just a TON of dealer adds. Seems like everything on Craigslist gets flagged for removal. Is everyone just going to a dealership and buying or what? I have been half way looking for a while now just not finding much. Maybe folks are just keeping their cars longer and not as many used ones for sale?

Ya need a sweet pontiac g6!! Catch the right hill that thing will coast!! I'm starting to think craigslist is ALOT of folks tryin to dump their **** on some poor soul. Seems like half of my craiglist dealings I wanna kill the person I got somthing from...

kushKrawlin said:
Ya need a sweet pontiac g6!! Catch the right hill that thing will coast!! I'm starting to think craigslist is ALOT of folks tryin to dump their **** on some poor soul. Seems like half of my craiglist dealings I wanna kill the person I got somthing from...

I would love have to have a G8. You got a 6? How you like it?

I understand cars are lasting longer now but it seems like every car has 160k miles on them and some folks price them like they are practically new off the lot.

WTH said:
I understand cars are lasting longer now but it seems like every car has 160k miles on them and some folks price them like they are practically new off the lot.

This! I messed around and priced my 2500hd on here and a guy messaged me asking if I was serious about it because he was interested. I said let me smoke it over to see what I could replace it with. I sold my rig so I don't really "need" a 3/4 ton truck any more because I don't have anything heavy to pull now, so I thought about getting something with better fuel mileage. ****, I browsed over Craigslist for 04+ Z71's, 05+ Tacomas, Tundras, it's fawking ridiculous how high a good truck with under 100k miles is nowadays. I'm just gonna keep my truck because it's paid off and is such a good truck, hell looks like I even priced it a little too low comparing it to what others are asking for half tons in equal condition! I dread the day I have to look for another daily driver. Well, besides my Saturn. My little Saturn is a good car, just used to commute to work and any sort of long vacation type trips (30 mpg's).

Wish I could buy 100 of them just like mine, 170k miles on it and ain't had a lick of problems. 2.2L Ecotec engine = 137 hp and 30 mpg's.....hard to beat.

One just like it same year and everything on CL, except it's a gay blue color, but I thought about snatching it up as a back up or to try and sell to make a little profit.
http://chattanooga.craigslist.org/cto/5040613145.html

My dad is a used car manager at a big Chevy dealership, and he can't find cars good enough to use as "secondary" finance cars. Folks run them til they are dead then try and sell them for Average book value. And Craigslist, in my opinion has inflated value in an open marketplace. Forums do it as well. It is awesome as a seller, but sucks as a buyer!!!

Re:

I still use word of mouth some. Last two used vehicles we bought came from local dealers, I did trade a Bronco for a F150 that latter was stolen.

WTH said:
I would love have to have a G8. You got a 6? How you like it?

Man I was being very sarcastic! Please, please take this advice. DO NOT get a g6. Hell afte this turd I wouldn't ever own a pontiac, ever again. I didn't buy it, it's the car my girl had when we got together. It sucks!!! The ride is terrible, oh and there's one more lil thing. Tha FAWKIN motor blew ass a couple weeks ago. Lookin for motor now. Actually considering goin and gettin somthing else.. Fixin this and selling it. Don't do the pontiac man. Although them G8 are badass!!! I'd be scared after owning this **** box.

kushKrawlin said:
Man I was being very sarcastic! Please, please take this advice. DO NOT get a g6. Hell afte this turd I wouldn't ever own a pontiac, ever again. I didn't buy it, it's the car my girl had when we got together. It sucks!!! The ride is terrible, oh and there's one more lil thing. Tha FAWKIN motor blew ass a couple weeks ago. Lookin for motor now. Actually considering goin and gettin somthing else.. Fixin this and selling it. Don't do the pontiac man. Although them G8 are badass!!! I'd be scared after owning this **** box.

G8s are made by Holden in Austraila... Pontiac in badge only.