• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Bypass reservoir relocate

From my understanding the common flow control valves on the market meter flow in one direction (compression) and free flow with a check valve in the other direction (rebound) How many tubes are on your bypasses? You can adjust them quickly with minimal tools.

If you have triple bypasses they have a rebound adjustment tube, and two compression tubes, i don't think you would need flow control at all.

Re: Bypass reservoir relocate

collinmaune said:
I'm trying to learn as much as I can about shocks and bypasses in general. My thought process on the flow control is if you have to fast of rebound and compression adjusting a flow control valve to the reservoir would slow down both or speed up both at the same time by the amount of Oil going through the shim stack but it more then likely is my brain not grasping the full concept . If that makes sense.

Basic tuning will get you closer than the flow control. I could see flow control on reservoir being great for changes in weight or driving style. Small choppy rocks vs big jumps and washout. But I have no experience with their usage and what they will/won't do.

Re: Bypass reservoir relocate

collinmaune said:
I'm running 3 tube king bypasses 2.5 x 16.

Make sure they are mounted to get 100% of their travel as they are position sensitive. The coilover doesn't have to use 100% of its travel.