• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Cabins in Gatlinburg area

Dwalk

4 Banger on Leafs
Anybody have any recommendations on places to stay the week between Christmas and New Years? Thinking about spending a few days there. Needs to be room for at least 6 adults. Thanks in advance.

Dwalk said:
Anybody have any recommendations on places to stay the week between Christmas and New Years? Thinking about spending a few days there. Needs to be room for at least 6 adults. Thanks in advance.

Look up Auntie Bugs cabin rentals. We just rented one through them for the week of Christmas.

screw Aunt Buggs. We had a rental a few years back, they ddin't leave the packet at the oiffice for us, had to get some one up there in the middle of the night. There were four other groups waiting with us that didn't get their packets either. Dude finally showed up around 1 AM(we were at the office before 11), by the time we got to the cabin, it was after 2(they didn't tell us it was 10 miles away till we signed the paper work). The keys were not in the lock box, found them laying in the driveway. Figured some one unauthorized was staying in the cabin. The cabin was filthy and the way they re constructed, a pin drop would echo thourh out the whole freaking cabin. BTW, who ever thought a pool table in a cabin that echoed that bad should be shot. We bitched at the office the next day, they gave no ****s. Went on lin eand bitched, it got removed. Did the facebook bitch fest, go removed. Rated their renotals as poor and worse on every rental quide we could find, all of our comments were removed.

we're using Hemlock Hills rental. had good luck the last time we went up, staying at the same cabin this time. we'll be up there from Christmas till after new years.

Mountain Serenity in Sevierville was very nice. Far enough away from all the tourists, but close enough to go to Gatlinburg for dinner, shopping, etc.

Re: Re: Cabins in Gatlinburg area

zukimaster said:
Josh has a uncle named Rick that has a cabin in Gatlinburg, ask him. :flipoff1:
He only allows Ford owners to stay in it!

We always book with Gatlinburg Falls each time we go.

I've used aunt bugs in the past no complaints! A wood cabin isn't exactly a quiet structure? If you don't play the pool table it won't make noise :wtflol:

I will only use timber tops. We have had problems w every other one we have used. Timber tops are all absolutely amazing.

sparepartsdave said:
screw Aunt Buggs. We had a rental a few years back, they ddin't leave the packet at the oiffice for us, had to get some one up there in the middle of the night. There were four other groups waiting with us that didn't get their packets either. Dude finally showed up around 1 AM(we were at the office before 11), by the time we got to the cabin, it was after 2(they didn't tell us it was 10 miles away till we signed the paper work). The keys were not in the lock box, found them laying in the driveway. Figured some one unauthorized was staying in the cabin. The cabin was filthy and the way they re constructed, a pin drop would echo thourh out the whole freaking cabin. BTW, who ever thought a pool table in a cabin that echoed that bad should be shot. We bitched at the office the next day, they gave no ****s. Went on lin eand bitched, it got removed. Did the facebook bitch fest, go removed. Rated their renotals as poor and worse on every rental quide we could find, all of our comments were removed.

we're using Hemlock Hills rental. had good luck the last time we went up, staying at the same cabin this time. we'll be up there from Christmas till after new years.

Damn, my first time to rent one with them, hope it doesn't go over like a fart in church like yours did. I've read many of the reviews and tried to form a decent opinion based on them. Hope I made the right choice. Thanks for the warning. :dblthumb:

I hope you have better luck than we did, make sure you get there before the main office closes and get every thing figured out. It wouldn't have been such a big deal, but when we went back to complain about all the **** they were complete assholes and acted like they couldn't give a damn. We had two families(8 people) in the cabin. Our vacation started out bad dealing with them. we never did get an answer about why the cabin keys were laying out in the middle of the drive way(got real lucky finding them). Keep in mind, Aunt Buggs is only a rental agency, they don't own the cabins, just manage them, once they have your money, its all on the cabin owner. They police their websites and face book page relentlessly, anything negative gets deleted quickly. Hope you have a good time, make sure to get all the free samples of moonshine.

sparepartsdave said:
Hows the cabin?

Everything went great except the weather. 65-70 degrees for Christmas? Are you kidding me? But I can see how the punkin chunking beast at the counter could get you off to the wrong start, but she came around. Cabin was beautiful and had a great time. We left them a note to some things I would change such as the sofa couch was a piece of crap and 3 air mattresses later, my son got some sleep as well as a few other small items. The road to the top of the hill was something right out of a Ice Road Truckers worst nightmare. Lol. All in all, they were fine.

I'm telling Yall, try hidden mountain resort, I've been staying there for 20 years, and not one complaint, and they will rent for one or two nights also if you call them.

were hear for the rest of the week, weather sucks, its not suposed to be 80degrees and raining in the mountains during December

We are staying in Carson City. We used Hidden Creek cabin rentals. The cabin is nice, but seems to lack in maintenance. It seems like anytime we've contact the rental place, we were making them go out of their way to help us.

The weather sucks. We drove to Gatlinburg yesterday and the car temp said it was 80 degrees. It was still nice though. We then went and drove "The tail of the Dragon". If you get car sick, I would not recommend it. Lol

We are here for the rest of the week and plan to go to the Biltmore before we leave. Love this area. I hate to go back to Texas.

Bear Run Falls at Golf View Resort is a good one. Not very private as far as nailing your wife on the balcony, but the proximity to Pigeon Forge and the inside of the cabin is right.

Latest posts