• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

cable shifters

jasper

Has anybody used a set of cable shifters from JB custom fabrication? Looking at a triple stick shifter for a doubler. Just wanted some input to see how they perform and how they seem after a few years. I've had alot of problems with my ORD. Twin stick. But it was the original version they made. Thanks.

I built my own using Midwestcontrol cables. Then I built my buggy using hard linkage. I won't do cable shifters again unless I have too. Just my $.02.

Re:

I have JB Custom Fab shifters in my buggy and I love them! Smoothest shifting 205 shifters I have ever messed with. Good looking quality overall and no issues thus far.

Sent from my Z750C using Tapatalk

jasper said:
What didn't you like about them?
It is probably my mounts at the bottom of the cables flexing a little but it makes the shifters feel mushy. Kind of like having a little air in you brakes. They work fine, they just don't feel as the same as the hard linkage.
The hard linkage shifters I can literally feel the teeth of the shift collars lining up. It is a very positive feel when it goes into gear. I can't feel it as much with the cable shifters.