• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Calling all metalheads! \m/ >.< \m/

muddinmetal said:
Warning, THIS IS NOT METAL...

But I love it, I just can't help it. Such a good song to be ruined by Billy Ray's kin:

Drewsif Stalin - Wrecking Ball (Miley Cyrus Metal Cover Feat. Nikki Simmons)

Ok, for one- that chick is ****in HOOOOOOT. Like, I'd sell everything I got to take her on one extravagant date in the slim-to-**** chance I might get to hit it.

Two, I love metal covers of anything that wasn't ever meant to be metal. The bigger the surprise, the better. This is one of those covers.

muddinmetal said:
Josh can't complain now, you threw in some Christian Metal

Which one is Christian? I'm not really familiar with any of those. I'm not really into religious side of things with metal, I could really care less. Satanic lyrics are just dumb to me. Why worship Satan? Just doesn't make sense to me. It's like taking the "image" thing a bit too far and actually being serious about Satanic junk. Just my opinion though, and opinions don't mean ****, because everyone's differs.

TacomaJD said:
Which one is Christian? I'm not really familiar with any of those. I'm not really into religious side of things with metal, I could really care less. Satanic lyrics are just dumb to me. Why worship Satan? Just doesn't make sense to me. It's like taking the "image" thing a bit too far and actually being serious about Satanic junk. Just my opinion though, and opinions don't mean ****, because everyone's differs.

The heaviest of the 3 Impending Doom. I agree to a point. I am afraid bands like Behemoth, Deicide, and Goatwhore are not just keeping an image. I am afraid they are crazy

muddinmetal said:
The heaviest of the 3 Impending Doom. I agree to a point. I am afraid bands like Behemoth, Deicide, and Goatwhore are not just keeping an image. I am afraid they are crazy

That's exactly my point. **** like Corey Taylor screaming "IF YOU'RE 555 THEN I'M 666!!!" to me, is image type stuff. Writing actual satanic lyrics and titling your album the Satanist? .....little weird.

Read the Wiki on Behemoth and they had a movement against them and several other bands for promoting Satanism and murder in their home country.

muddinmetal said:

Definitely Deicide, their lead singer is crazy as hell.

TacomaJD said:
That's exactly my point. **** like Corey Taylor screaming "IF YOU'RE 555 THEN I'M 666!!!" to me, is image type stuff. Writing actual satanic lyrics and titling your album the Satanist? .....little weird.

Read the Wiki on Behemoth and they had a movement against them and several other bands for promoting Satanism and murder in their home country.

I agree that it is weird to title an album that, but apparently true "black metal" is huge in Europe. In the music documentery "Metal, a headbangers journey." Sam Dunn goes to Oslo, Norway to meet with some of the real satanic bands such as Gorgorth. Pretty ****ed up stuff, but a great documentery non the less.

Don't get me wrong I love some old school Metallica, and Lamb of God is by far my favorite band (seen them 18 times) but I also try to get away from the more "generic bands" that you would here on Sirius Octane, and listen to what they play on Liquid Metal after midnight. Gotta love me some heavy double bass drums and screaming lead guitars \m/.

TacomaJD said:
That's how I am. I only play when I have absolutely nothing better to do. I would say I'm at about 20% of where I'd like to be. I can learn most anything fairly easily, except metal. Fast riffs and alternate picking and technical palm muting patterns are not something picked up overnight....and I just don't care to or have the time to devote to mastering it. And that's not even touching on metal type solo's with sweep picking and wild finger tapping scales. Just out of my league....so I just listen to it and envy those who can do it.

You're ahead of me…I can find tabs and slow it all down and my fingers just don't want to cooperate nor does the process of putting it together in my mind…I love music and its frustrating that it doesn't come easy to me, I've started concentrating on more basic stuff on the acoustic(when I can sit still long enough to practice) Lol

Here's a warm and fuzzy video,
http://youtu.be/uNxBeJNyAqA

I would feel accomplished if I could play Hourglass all the way through. It's not the easiest LOG song to play, but not the hardest. I looooooove all the riffs in it, especially the chunky power riffs. The easiest song is Omerta if you are interested in learning an easy LOG song. I can play it all the way through. It was the first song I learned that had alternate picking in it and playing it over and over really helped me get more familiar doing so.

Lamb of God - Hourglass (Cover)

Here is a shitty example of the extent of my skill level. Had to make a vid when first bought that guitar, so I really wasn't trying for quality as much as I was just wanting to see how it sounded when watching myself play. Fast forward to about 2 minutes for the heavier ****. No distortion sounds gay on that guitar/amp. A short clip of Omerta is at 3:15

Messing around on my Ibanez Halberd X series

Some more of my made-up randomness. Nothing special, just what I do when I get bored. I make up little short, simple, cool sounding **** like this and I'm happy then don't pick up the guitar for another month lol. I really dig the sound of this Ibanez and cheapo Line 6 Spider III amp.

Ibanez Halberd X-Series / More randomnes

TacomaJD said:
Some more of my made-up randomness. Nothing special, just what I do when I get bored. I make up little short, simple, cool sounding **** like this and I'm happy then don't pick up the guitar for another month lol. I really dig the sound of this Ibanez and cheapo Line 6 Spider III amp.

Ibanez Halberd X-Series / More randomnes

You're better than me, lol. I need to work on the fundamentals and technique more. I can make a few riffs here and there sound good, but then tieing it all together, I struggle. I have an Ibanez as well, nothing high end, but the action was amazing and sold me. I have a Peavey Vypre30 and it is a great amp if you like to tweak and play with a gazillion different sounds, but I dont like the tone at all. I have started playing mostly on my cheap acoustic lately, which has turning into hardly ever, lol.

Re: Re: Re: Calling all metalheads! \m/ >.< \m/

DirtMonkey said:
You're better than me, lol. I need to work on the fundamentals and technique more. I can make a few riffs here and there sound good, but then tieing it all together, I struggle. I have an Ibanez as well, nothing high end, but the action was amazing and sold me. I have a Peavey Vypre30 and it is a great amp if you like to tweak and play with a gazillion different sounds, but I dont like the tone at all. I have started playing mostly on my cheap acoustic lately, which has turning into hardly ever, lol.

I think I gave like $70 shipped for my Line6 Spider III on ebay. It was used and they sound awesome. It's a smaller sized amp. I didn't want to invest in a big expensive one because I don't play much. But I've been really happy with it. My Ibanez SA120 with humbucker pickups does not sound as good as the new Halberd with active pickups. The SA120 is a bit cheaper too, so you get what you pay for I guess.

TacomaJD said:
Don't judge me....

can't believe she's only like 17. Her voice is BADASS.....and HAWT.

Lorde - Royals (US Version)

Damn, I clicked on that **** at 5am Saturday morning before caffeine. I feel like I've been ass ****ed by a Hank III roadie....................

Re: Re: Re: Calling all metalheads! \m/ >.< \m/

98TJ said:
Damn, I clicked on that **** at 5am Saturday morning before caffeine. I feel like I've been ass ****ed by a Hank III roadie....................

I ain't figured out if that's a good or bad review. Lol