• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Can someone recommend a good transmission builder

mitaker

I have a little project in the works and need a trans built. Looking for a 4wd TH400. My research on the interwebs has shown a bunch of transmission places that specialize in drag cars. They usually have 3 ratings up to 1000 HP, 1000-2000 HP, and 2000+ HP. The motor I'm using has 1285 HP to the flywheel so I need to be in the middle group. My requirements are pretty simple (I hope!). Reverse manual valve body, and 300m or better input and output. Any input would be appreciated.

Better call PTC and get a glide if you've got that kind of power, your going to have a hard time getting a 400 case to survive that.

Elliott said:
What transfer case are you running for that much woo pow?
Either a TWF Hero case or an Atlas race case. Not in a hurry for that yet. Just waiting to hear some real world feedback before I lay down my stack of Benjamin's :****:

Ed at PTC no doubt. They have the most real world experience imo for the offroading world.

PTC. They build all ours for mud racing and they hold up well.
Just some know how well. We ran same one 2 years and went to La to race. Tranny got so hot it wouldn't pull so we filled it with fluid and finished 3rd for the day after it wouldn't drive on flat ground threw the pits.

Latest posts