• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Car lift.

mtnride

I'm doing some homework on car lifts for our shop. We need to be able to lift 10,000 lbs to service our fleet and lift small equipment, mowers and probably most likely off road rigs from time to time. Anyone have experience or recommend a brand. I'm thinking there are attachments for the arms to lift mowers etc??

I'm sure there are other with more experance then me on the subject but I think I would get a drive on 4 post. My buddy's shop has both and I like the 4 post best for almost everything I have done. He has the jacks in the middle to lift front or rear tires off runners also. I just feel so much safer under it.

Also think it would be easier to service equipment on. I'm fairly sure you can narrow the runners for narrow track widths.

I really like challenger lifts look into those. Also used to own a forward manufacturing lift at the old shop. Just remember you get what you pay for.

:popcorn:I'm in the market also. Looking at a bendpak Xpr-10a. Still haven't pulled to trigger yet though.

I have been in the business for 18 years. Just what the other guy said you get what you pay for. Forward make a great lift, rotary, Challenger, Bendpak. Thing is they are all china lifts except one series of the challenger. 2 post and 4 post both have their place but general use imo is 2 post. If you want cheap check out Atlas 10k pro lifts. I can have them shipped to you for I think $2700. good cheap lift for the money. Also get one thats symetrical , assemetrical arms makes it awesome for little cars to long bed crew cabs.

Really loved the rotary 12k symetrical lifts at the last shop I worked at. Could fit anything from a mini cooper to wheel lift 4500 cummins wrecker. I would rather pick up a 10k lb crew cab truck on a 12k symetrical than on a 10k asymetrical. 4 post lifts are great if you have enough room for one and being able to lay tools and parts on the lift is a bonus. Box trucks and Isuzu cab over landscape trucks fit on them and don't on 2 posts, but you have to have the rolling jacks, and they operate on air so have to plumb that in too.

Great info guys. I really appreciate it. I'll study on this a little and may come back with more ???

Ive been working on cars most of my life and all i care to stand under is a rotary lift.