• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

CB Antennea Cable Splice?

yeah.. your navy guy should know.. i have been messing with these things for many.. many years, off and on... doing mods to them, fixing them, etc...

anyway...

the type of antenna that you are using on the fiberglass body has been used (in similar style) fow TONS of years in the marine industry...

if all you are trying to do is just get it working to talk between vehicles, etc... just splice it with connectors and use the same type of coax that it has now..

check it with an SWR meter to make sure that you are not getting any signal fed back into the radio (which will harm it) and you will be good to go...

all of my electronics gear is in storage, otherwise i would let ya borrow what ya needed...

it is easy-peasy job to do and just remember to not overthink it...

I remember setting up the 'old' 102" stainless whips.. because it was "the" intenna at the time.. haha 102" whip, body mount, connector,17' 2" of rg8u (or mini 8) coax was the sweet spot for most of the setups.... provided the darn person didn't want to mount the antenna between the cab and truck bed... yeah that has happened.. weird people.. :p

anyway.. lots of factors as Jacob stated, but it honestly isn't really that hard...

Put a connector on the end sticking out under the dash, double female, added a short piece of the same cable to the CB.