• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Centerforce?

High-Five

I'm retiring my BA10/5-NP207 combo out of my YJ and going to put new clutch goodies in at the same time as my AX15/NP231(not ready for the NV4500/AtlasII yet).
I'm sure there are LOTS of opinions on clutches out there but is it worth the extra bucks to do a Centerforce versus a good quality OE type unit?
If it isn't the right place for this question, feel free to move it.
Thanks in advance for the input.

I have ran the Centerforce II in the toy stuff and I am running the dual friction in my current GM setup---both have been really good units...

Been using them for years in both wheeling rigs and tow rigs never a problem unless you allow mud to dry up in them. Just rinse it out when you get home and no issues. This is if you submerge it for some time and use the clutch while submerged allowing crap to get behind the fingers.

Yeah I had seen that blown up c-force in another post...looks a bit um....broken?
I had always thought of them for high rev applications, thus the centrifugal advantage of the weighted fingers. I just hate doing **** twice and if its worth another 100 bucks or so to do the CenterForce unit I might as well.

Thanks for the input guys...and Robin...can you say 'scatter shield' :awesomework:

clutch packs...and lots and lots of fluid, and coolers, and cooling lines....oh my...

MY Caddie has an auto...so does my 'Burb...I think I'll stick with shifting gears in the Heep.

btw...good luck with your shakedown on Saturday Robin, sweeeeeet buggy:awesomework:

I was going through OE clutches left and right but then I went with a centerforce II. It has held up with the 42 stick irocs throught the OM once or twice.

4.3 - AX15 - altas 4to1

i have gone to a Kevlar clutch from Cascade Friction Service in Tacoma. running a stock flywheel and light pressure plate. they hold up great, hook up hard even with the softer pressure plate so you dont have to push a heavy pedel all day. the guy told me it didnt matter how wet it got it would still hook up fine and i have tried and so far he is right. they are a bit spendy but my last on lasted 6 years until i didnt clean it well enough after an Elbe trip and it froze to the flywheel.

I had a Centerforce Dual Friction clutch behind my 3.0. Worked great on the trail, but slipped a lot on the street. I am now running a Competition Clutch 1620 stage 4 sprung 6 puck behind my 2RZ and it is way better all around than my Centerforce DF ever was and is close in price also.