• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

CHOC - Hill Killin for a Cause - November 21, 2015

Trey

Park Maintenance Crew
https://www.facebook.com/events/1141817632499020/

Hosted by ORB Fab at
Choccolocco Mountain

Baylee Brooke Hoaldridge is a beautiful, feisty, and hilarious 15 year-old girl from Provo, Utah. She loves softball and basketball and making people laugh. Baylee was critically burned on July 4, 2015 when the Polaris 900 UTV she was riding in tipped over and caught fire. She and her father, BJ, were trapped in their seat belts and couldn't get out. Baylee's grandpa, Dave Smith, was able to free himself. He was able to pull Baylee's 5 year-old cousin to safety and then ran around to free Baylee and BJ. 20 seconds later, the entire UTV exploded into flames.
Dave suffered 3rd degree burns on his arm from reaching in to rescue both BJ & Baylee. He is a true hero. BJ also suffered 3rd degree burns on his arm as he was trying to hold Baylee out of the flames.
Baylee was life-flighted to the University of Utah Hospital Burn Unit where she is currently fighting for her life. She is burned over 56% of her body, with 45% of that being 3rd degree burns.ORB is hosting a fun fill day on her behalf.

11248336_625252850947184_4612785678942776182_n.jpg

Going to try and make this. What a great cause as this is a horrible situation. Any word on their conditions? Maybe just a relief fund would be appropriate for these unfortunate people? :dunno:

CHASMAN9 said:
Going to try and make this. What a great cause as this is a horrible situation. Any word on their conditions? Maybe just a relief fund would be appropriate for these unfortunate people? :dunno:

I searched FB and found she is making progress, but they did have to amputate both legs about 10 days ago. 3rd degree burns over 56% of body. My wife got burned about 20 years ago, damn I feel for her and her family. There is not much worse than this type of injury.

JohnG said:
I searched FB and found she is making progress, but they did have to amputate both legs about 10 days ago. 3rd degree burns over 56% of body. My wife got burned about 20 years ago, damn I feel for her and her family. There is not much worse than this type of injury.

I know the burnt feeling all to well myself on a smaller scale, 2nd, 3d degree burns from wrist to shoulder years ago. There is no medicine to make that pain go away. I hope the Four Wheeling community pulls together to help these folks out and I have no idea who they are. :dblthumb: