• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Clayton Dec 2007

DavidsCJ7

We took a trip up to Clayton, OK after Christmas. Me, Pat, Nolen, Carl and Jim got there Thursday afternoon. We quickly unloaded and took off on a evening/night run. We hit Wet and wild, Jeffs ledges, Green Momba and the start of Black Sheep Blvd.

Friday we started off on Black Sheep Blvd. About half way up Pat cut a valve stem and Nolen broke a front drive shaft and craked his Tcase. We got Pat fixed up and Nolen winched out of the trail and continued on. We finished BSB and ran lower and upper Cake Walk. We then made our way over to the lower part of Slims Slope, skipped the middle section, and then ran the upper part of Slims slope. On the upper portion I broke a rear 35 spline D60 shaft which also took out a carrier bearing. After winching myself out, we spent half the night fixing my jeep. We also found a broken CV joint on Pats jeep so we fixed that also.

Saturday we spent the day on the SouthSide. The SouthSide is a little less challenging but fun anyway. We ran 3 stage, Valentine, Snake Pit and a couple of others that I don't know the names of. We finished up about 4:00 and and got loaded up, strapped down and ready for some great Texas BBQ thanks to Jim.

All the pics can be found here. www.wngrog.smugmug.com

Here are a few that I liked

237916776-M.jpg

237942551-M.jpg

237942081-M.jpg

237935380-M.jpg

237933971-M.jpg

237919311-M.jpg

237917516-M.jpg

237914363-M.jpg

237914034-M.jpg

237913775-M.jpg

237912228-M.jpg

237911687-M.jpg

237926145-M.jpg

237921567-M.jpg

Was that Carl wheelin the ASM before he sold it. Looks like you guys had a blast, can't wait to get back there

Dang David, how many times you guys do Clayton this year?

And next time gimme a ring, I'm game for Clayton anytime. Light trailer, light buggy, will travel....... loller.gif

InDaShop said:
Dang David, how many times you guys do Clayton this year?

And next time gimme a ring, I'm game for Clayton anytime. Light trailer, light buggy, will travel....... loller.gif

x2, I go once a year and would love to make it twice a year or more

BamaTJ said:
x2, I go once a year and would love to make it twice a year or more

We have been 3 times this year, and plan on going 3 or 4 times next year. I will give you a call next time.

We have some new trails Jimand I are planning on cutting this year, plus we want to get some more traffic on middle Slim's Slope to make it a do-able trail. Lots of potential still right there at Green Acres for some sick buggy trails.

Some videos

www.putfile.com/wngrog

Nolen don't hesitate to hit me up. I'll be there with chainsaw in hand to put in some work. I can't drive, and suck at wrenching but I can put in a days work, and try to look like I know how to drive.

We are planning a trip out in the spring and would be more than happy to put in some trail cutting work.