• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

CO2/Nitrogen

I'm not sure but I don't think a CO2 tank is rated for the pressure a nitrogen tank would see. CO2 expands to ~800 psi and at least in my tank the burst disk would fail at 3000 psi. Nitrogen would typically fills to 3000 or 4500psi depending on the rating of the tank. If you take it to a place to fill it I'm sure they'll let you know if you can or not.

Airgas in Dalton Ga. sold me a CO2 tank and filled with Nitrogen. I did not know the difference, I told them I wanted a Nitrogen tank and thats what they gave me!
Worked for me and my friend who got same tank for years now.

Thanks for the input guys. Did some research and found a CO2 tank is rated for 1800lbs while a Nitrogen is rated at 2216. The fittings are different but an adapter is available. So far I haven't found a supplier who would put nitrogen in my CO2 tank in the Athens, GA area. Talked to my old welding supplier in CO and they said they would but that is a little far to go. ::) I'll keep looking around here.

Second question: anyone know of someone near Athens, GA who would fill my coilovers?