• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Coilover advise

the4x4pig

I have an 06 LJ Rubicon. It is not my daily driver per say as I have a company vehicle but I do drive it on the street a lot and do adventure/camping trips with it along with the occasional wheeling trip, Moab, rubicon, local trails.

I am in the process of collecting parts for swapping in 60's and longer arm suspension. I am contemplating just going coilover for packaging reasons and hopefully improved trail performance. My question is for you folks that drive on the street a lot with coilovers. Any drawbacks, advise? currently running an antirock sway bar in the front, might have to run one in the back. Also I realize remote reservoir coilovers are great for high speed desert running but are they necessary for what I am doing? Thinking of going emulsion and saving some coin.

I have an 06 LJ Rubicon. It is not my daily driver per say as I have a company vehicle but I do drive it on the street a lot and do adventure/camping trips with it along with the occasional wheeling trip, Moab, rubicon, local trails.

I am in the process of collecting parts for swapping in 60's and longer arm suspension. I am contemplating just going coilover for packaging reasons and hopefully improved trail performance. My question is for you folks that drive on the street a lot with coilovers. Any drawbacks, advise? currently running an antirock sway bar in the front, might have to run one in the back. Also I realize remote reservoir coilovers are great for high speed desert running but are they necessary for what I am doing? Thinking of going emulsion and saving some coin.

Your gonna want remote resis's. Contact Paul at fullstack motorsports when your ready to purchase. He'll steer you correctly

Your gonna want remote resis's. Contact Paul at fullstack motorsports when your ready to purchase. He'll steer you correctly

So are you thinking I'm gonna want remote resis because of the street overlanding purposes or just all around better? From what I understand the non remotes are all that are needed for the trail. That's all we used to run on our comp rig.

So are you thinking I'm gonna want remote resis because of the street overlanding purposes or just all around better? From what I understand the non remotes are all that are needed for the trail. That's all we used to run on our comp rig.

Yes.. with all the shock movement 2.0's will loose their dampening pretty quickly