• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Computer modifications

Jeepnron

Just wondering who everybody uses on their computer modifications? Seems like Jim's Performace is very popular and do you have any other recommendations? As many of you know I have an old school Chevy with a F.I.R.S.T. fuel injection. Unfortunately, I bought this system just before they came out with the laptop compatible version so my computer has a prom that has to be reprogrammed and then plugged back in place. With all that being said, my motor runs great and the folks that built it did a great job but I think it still runs to rich at idle. This motor was dynoed and put out great numbers and feels stronger than any motor that I have previously owned, but it is just a little fumy when at idle or crawl speeds. Just trying to get it a little closer to perfect! ;D

Do you know what kind of PROM it has, I have a reader that might be able to read the prom. If it can read it, we can always just play with the fuel abit, as well as depending on if you have an OBD1 connection data log a bit to see how it really is running. Just a thought...free to try. Of course we would make another chip and not play with your original just so we don't get it all out of whack..

Thanks Brad! I just got off the phone with Jim at Jims Performace and he says that I need to get a heated O2 sensor instead of the single wire O2 that I now have and that should fix my problem. He said the headers are screwing with the O2 sensor and it is staying in closed loop. He gave me a part # and spent about ten minutes on the phone with me. Supper nice guy! I would highly recomend him if you have questions about tuning on fuel injection.

Yep, that will do it, that's why I like to data log first, that will tell ya whether the fuel is running off the base map, or being adjust by the O2 sensor..IE closed or open loop. Hope that gets it for ya...