• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Contact info needed, BFG Krawler, or ??

edit: Porter suggested also considering the Maxxis Creepy Crawlers. Looked on Maxxis website, and the 40" seem very intersting. Measure 40.0 tall, 13.5 wide, DOT approved with 'super-sticky' tread that's not recommended for street use. Sounds good. So I'm also considering these.

Waiting for monday to talk to the BFG people.

And I didn't know, but now believe that BFG is completely bought out by Michelin. Also, BFG doesn't administer their 'racer' program in-house, but has an outside agency take care of things.

Are you a 6lug? come over and try out my iroks there just sitting here doing nothing.... they are mounted on 6-lug bead locked rims.

Edit: I also have some DOT krawlers 40" not mounted.

Last edited:
Edit: I also have some DOT krawlers 40" not mounted.

ArteJohnsonVerrrryInteresting.JPG

1) You want to loan these for a year?
2) Or, you want to loan these for the month of June?
3) Or, you want to sell these?
4) Or, you want to loan one or all of these for mockup purposes?
5) or.....

I can certainly loan one out for mock up. I could also let you borrow them for a comp. I will think about the selling thing I was going to run them as winter tires on my buggy when ever it gets finished...

Perfectly acceptable. Don't even have to claim ownership. They don't care.

Just not sure I want to be responsible for someone else's equipment. Would you have borrowed Jason's KOH car for your race?

And the TJ is soooo damn close to being able to be competitive. It's V8, TH400, 4spd Atlas, 1350 shafts, Chromoly alxes, etc.... The only limiting factor is tire size. And I'm not convinced that having (only) 40s will be a liability.

There is some advantage to being narrow. There is some advantage to being able to turn better. There is some advantage to having the HP to turn the tires at greater RPM. I loose all those with a wider, larger.

Plus, I built that TJ. Yeah, Pat linked it. And Dean redid some stuff that's broke. But I still feel like it's my project. So there's some pride of ownership that comes into play also.

Tony

I hear ya on all aspects. I suppose after this years shenanigans all that matters is going and having fun. Your reppin old school man, You were doing it a long time ago!

This is just my take on tires that you are looking for. Krawlers are a great tire but there intended use is hard surface, dont get me wrong they do ok in the mud and stuff but it seems like when they get wet they dont grip all that great.

I had a set of 42" iroks before and for running root ball nasty mud trails I would pick the iroks hands down. Way stronger sidewall and I think they grip better in the slop. If you are doing weroc type stuff and running on shotcrete or rocks then I would say the Krawler for sure.

Good luck. :awesomework:

BFG's motorsports program is handled outside of BFG, call 1800-RACE-BFG.

That being said, good luck. BFG is WAY behind on everything. My vote would be for the Pitbulls, as they seem to be much more readily available.

BFG's motorsports program is handled outside of BFG, call 1800-RACE-BFG.

That being said, good luck. BFG is WAY behind on everything. My vote would be for the Pitbulls, as they seem to be much more readily available.

Have the 800-race-bfg number. One of the admins on Pirate offered a super-secret-direct-bigshot phone number if I PM him today. Still waiting on that phone number.
I've got to call BFG tuesday AM.
I'm liking the Pitbulls, and I'm sure Pat can get me a set. But I'm also liking the Maxxis. Porter seems to like them a lot.
Not sure, but the tread pattern on the Goodyears just doesn't seem to be Mud-friendly.

Too many options. And used BFG cost more than new Pits & Maxs.

I'm still leaning towards BFGs, as my 37s work damn good.

I have been running the Goodyears for almost a year now. I was very leary switching from my Krawlers to the MTR's, but after watching them work good on customers' and friends' rigs for a while, I gave 'em a shot and have zero regrets. They work great on the rocks, and the mud, and with a V8, a very slight blip of the throttle and they clear the mud out just fine. They also drive very nice on the street, and are almost $200 PER TIRE less than the Krawlers (in 37"), when the Krawlers are not on back-order.

Latest posts