• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Correct me if I'm wrong...... Corbeau seats

RUBIPENN

I just purchased a set of new Corbeau CR1 seats, seat brackets, & 2" retractable harnesses. I kept the plastic on the seat while I was installing it on the passenger side so it wouldn't get dirty during the install. When I cut off the plastic the seats were not what I had expected. The seats were a light grey color when they appeared to be a dark charcoal grey on Corbeau's web-site. These seats wouldn't last a day before they were ruined with dirt or stains.
I decided to send the seats back and exchange them for the Baja RS seats which I was debating on to go with in Black. Keep in mind I just spent almost $1,300 for these seats. When I called Corbeau they acted as though they could care less, told me I would have to pay for shipping both ways on the return, and it was my screen that mislead the color match issue. It was a long conversation, but I've looked at these seats on my personal computer, work computer, vendors computer, and phone and they looked the same every time. I was going to have almost $1,500 in seats if I made the exchange and the guy told me if I didn't like it get a refund. So, I am.
Anyways.... Here are the pic's, take a look for yourself and please correct me if I'm wrong or color blind. Any other recommendations on aftermarket reclining seats are appreciated.

CORBEAU's pics on how the seats look:
CR1-20909-F-XL.jpg

CR1-20909-SR-XL.jpg

Actual pic's

DSCN1075.jpg

DSCN1072.jpg

They look just as light grey as the ones that were in my buggy. After one ride they looked like someone had crapped in them. I probably should have put scotch gaurd on them first, but oh well, I bought solid black vinyl and love it.

ats what ya get for tryin to be fancy and spending 1300 on seats. :eek:

shoulda bought the cheapo black vinyl corbeaus like the rest of the cool kids. :woot:

**** those are awesome man - dirty or not it's all about comfort and function.

But the color does look a little different but not much.

I looked into buying seats in vinyl first, but I don't think it would be a good choice to go with because they would not let the seat breath good on the road or on long road trips, for buggys I agree, vinyl probably are the best choice to go with. I have to spend more on seats because they must be reclinable for passengers to ride in the back to drink beer and eat :popcorn: or else I would buy what all the other cool kids have.
S10ME (Steve):
I'm not sure what seats I'm going to go with yet, but when I figure it out I'll give you fist dibb's on them. The stock ones are just cloth material.

that style i dont find comfortable anyway.. get some of the off road version corbeau's or twisted stitch thru woodlee... those seats look like street racer seats to me.

Yeah, I agree.... now. At first I was looking for something with good side bolster support to hold me in my Jeep when the doors are off, but when I saw them in my Jeep the thought did cross my mind that it looked too :puke: Vin Diesel'ish :driving:
I checked out Twisted Stitch, but unfortunatly they don't have anything that's reclinable. drool
I'm looking into the MasterCraft Baja RS now, any word on these

Latest posts