• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Craigslist

bigsilly

You guys having any luck selling or buying anything on there lately? I have listed a few things lately with little to no response other than damn scam artists. I have had a 4 wheeler and a 5x14 trailer listed on there for a week or so with only a couple of responses and they were not serious. I also have a few other things on there with no response. I do not know if people are just not buying anything right now or if folks are not using craigslist like they were. What are you guys seeing?

I havent had any trouble buying. But I will say that I've been able to get everything I've bought in the past couple months for 60-70% of asking price.

I need to sell some **** I dont need anymore but just dont want to deal with the hassle of dealing with the scammers, and what not by hanging the ads out there.

The spamming from craigslist is terrible these days

I have stopped using it

J.A.B said:
The spamming from craigslist is terrible these days

I have stopped using it

No ****!!! I advertised my wakeboard boat on there and now have my motorhome on there and the scams never stop. I wrote into CL and can't even get them to respomd, only scammers. :****: :flipgotcha:

I have found if I only put $1 in the ad price then post the amount I'm asking in the description with pic that I don't get near as many scam emails.

As long as it's free the scamming will continue on cl :****: That's just part of it. Last week I sold 2 sets of wheels and tires and got 85% asking price on one set and 100% on the other set. I haven't got any bites on about 5 other things I have on there. I have started making everybody email me through the anonymous link then I respond with my phone number if they are legit. They did start letting you bump ads which is cool.

Oh and posting fawking pictures linked to photobucket always helps sell ****! :flipoff1: laughing1

Bones said:
I'd buy that 5x14 trailer if you were closer. :****:
The 5x14 trailer was sweet. I owned if for 8 years and it was a great trailer. It stayed in the family though, my dad now owns it :dblthumb:

Everybody probably knows about it already but the craigslist notification app is handy for searching several areas. As for selling ive had a brushguard on there for bout a month and only one text.

I cleared several thousands of dollars a couple of years ago just by buying and reselling **** on CL. I swapped around and bought and sold parts, tires, cell phones, and electronics. Some weeks I was making more than my paycheck. Now I can't get rid of anything. I've had my Explorer listed on Knox, Chatt, and Nashville CL plus in the For Sale section here, TN offroad, TRS, and on GOLSN. I've ****in dropped the price to where I'm giving the **** away at scrap prices. I had a ****ing tire kicker show up and look it over but I knew the deal was dead as soon as he asked how the locking hubs worked :****:

If anyone wants a SAS'd Ex for $2K---holler at me.

i too have made good money the last few years. been a drought the last couple months. it is damn nice though that you can update your ads. helps a bunch. how often does everyone repost? i try early week and again thursday night or friday morning. around holidays i try a couple days before just to get the people who have a few days off

i had my truck posted on there and got a lot of responses but no lookers.....it sold on Ih8mud......i got one really sneaky scammer wrote in good english and sounded looked pretty legit overall, he said he wanted the truck and that he wanted to paypal me the full amount, then he provided a link to paypal and said if i didn't have a paypal account i could register there. i didn't click the link but i'm guessing it went to a dummy site where he would have either gotten my user name and password if i logged on or if i registered he would have gotten my credit card or bank account #........i emailed him back to **** off and die..... i hope nobody falls for that ****.

I've had pretty good luck lately. Hell in the past 2 weeks I've picked up two mini fridges (that worked) and an oak headboard off the curb and sold them on CL... free money.

Ive had great luck on Craigslist buying and selling. Lately it seems the selling has slowed down alot but i feel that's mainly just the economy, not as many people in the market to buy things. As for the people on here having problems with the scamming. I haven't had a scam in over a year and here is how i stopped. There is two ways to get scams from Craigslist one you get fake emails, so to stop that all together there is a selection on your ad that you can choice not to receive emails from buyers so check that. The other way is phone calls, the way this works is someone takes a computer program that scans all Craigslist for 7 and/or 10 digit numbers it flags these ads and bam they start calling you with either stupid scams or wanting to help you sell your stuff. So to stop this list your Phone numbers like this 423-123-One two three four. This will keep most scams from contacting you. Hope this helps someone it really cuts out most if not all scams...

gbrookie71 said:
The other way is phone calls, the way this works is someone takes a computer program that scans all Craigslist for 7 and/or 10 digit numbers it flags these ads and bam they start calling you with either stupid scams or wanting to help you sell your stuff. So to stop this list your Phone numbers like this 423-123-One two three four. This will keep most scams from contacting you. Hope this helps someone it really cuts out most if not all scams...
That's good stuff!! Apparently this isn't only on CL, I've gotten sales calls on my unlisted cell # from people I've never done business with, so this probably explains how they got it. Thanks :dblthumb:

I have been trying to sell a car and a truck on craiglist and keep having problems with the post. If you search for one ad and it shows up, then the other will not show if searching for key words. But if i use the link i go straight to both ads. weird; i have never had both car ads work properly at the same time. Oh and the only people that have contacted me are spammer wanting to do the paypal thing b/c they are over seas. so i wrote cash or certified check only in the ad and it seem to help.