• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Credit Cards with Rewards

C

Cole

So what Credit Card has the best Reward plan? I only have one credit card and its through the Credit Union where I bank and it doesn't have any kind of reward plans or anything and they only report to 2 out of the 3 credit people.
I just want something where I can buy stuff pay it off every month and maybe get some frequent flyer miles or free hotel rooms. I have no credit card debt and plan on keeping it that way before somebody pipes in and says I don't need any credit cards. I know some credit card companies charge a yearly fee to use there card, not sure what the benefit to that is.
I know some of you trumps, know the secrets to getting free stuff ;D

I use an AmEx Blue Cash Card, got it several years ago because it was free unlike their other cards. I put everything on it and pay the bill in full each month. I average $500 cash back each year. They credit my account every Feb, so it is basically free money for stuff I am going to buy anyways like gas, groceries, etc. You can also pay your utilities bill with a credit card online, so you could really rack up if you used it to that extent. AmEx can be pretty pickey on their application process, but if you have a good credit score you will be fine.

I also have a Marriott Rewards Visa that I use for business and I just don't see the value with it like I do my AmEx, and it costs money each year to have. I am probably just gonna drop it because it is not as valuable as my AmEx and I have never gotten a free night or any extra rewards out of it. Each dollar spent accumulates to 1 hotel point and these days you need 15-20k points for one free night.

It all depends on what you want to be rewarded with. I have an American Airlines M/C and right now I can fly anywhere in the world for free basically. I have done it before and like the fact that I can pick up and leave and fly for free. I also have the AMEX with money back as well. Here is the big plus of spending on any CC. Put everything on it, gas food, purchases, entertainment. EVERYTHING... But, make sure you track it and categorize all of your expenses as such. When tax time comes around, you can write off these and make your money back. LEGAL :****: :dblthumb:

I have an AmEx Gold, it has an annual fee, but I use it for everything everywhere that takes AmEx. We have used rewards to take a big vacation every other year. Two years ago we went to Scotland, then Paris, and flew there 1st Class but only had enough points to fly coach on the return.
This past March took the wife to an all inclusive resort on Riveria Maya outside Playa, flight plus 5 day 4 night stay was all on awards. We spent less than $300 cash on that trip.

I have a Southwest Airlines Visa for everywhere that doesnt take AmEx. It has an annual fee and only earns me Free Southwest Flights, which I use a lot. For the most part offroad parts places only take Visa. Truck Supply is one that does take AmEx which is nice to get points for parts.

Thats the kinda info I was looking for, thanks. I think I am gonna try and either get a AmEx blue card, or one where I can get some free flights.

I got the Blue Cash card also from American Express. I pay for all of my gas and hotel rooms for it and usaully when I get my cash back it pays for that months payment.

SWA Visa.

$16,000 gets you a ticket.

If you don't fly, you can sell it on Ebay...just gotta know how.

No other airline will give you a flight for $16,000..not even close. Most are $20,000 - $25,000.

I pay mine off every month and am a points whore. It is the best plan out there.

wngrog said:
SWA Visa.

No other airline will give you a flight for $16,000..not even close. Most are $20,000 - $25,000.

I pay mine off every month and am a points whore. It is the best plan out there.

Dont forget the doubling up if you buy Southwest flights using your Southwest card. booyang

wngrog said:
SWA Visa.

What is the yearly fee for this card?

I use a citibank preferred rewards card. You can use the points for purchasing gift cards, electronics, travel, etc..

I use it for pretty much every thing and pay it off at the end of the month.

The capital one venture rewards card is a really good one. you get 2pts for every dollar you spend. $59/year fee.