• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Cutting tires

I normally don't do this, but search. Air hammers, even chain saws have been talked about here in length.

Welcome to Hardline.

There's a few tire cutting threads try searching them , if they are gone I'm sure ever all will be happy to start another , I use a rubber cut tire groover that has different sizes of blades, there's several techniques people on here use , don't breathe the rubber smoke no matter how you cut em! Shits bad for you and you will get sick as hell

JohnG said:
I normally don't do this, but search. Air hammers, even chain saws have been talked about here in length.

Welcome to Hardline.

I have done a set with a chainsaw and a friend rolling the tire it goes pretty quick.

67ff6efc2a3a6f47bc1b03eaf208e030.jpg

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

pholmann said:
You'd think it would grab but it's smooth as silk!

Yeah I'm going to sipe a set of sx's and was thinking about this. I cut a set a couple months ago Aetna style and the multi tool with a knife blade worked great. After the first tire I blew through the other 3 in about an hour a piece

Have tried all the cheap methods once you get a good tire tool or borrow one you won't want to go back to any other way. Cutting tires is hard work start of with a simple cut first last thing you wanna do is get half thru the first tire and realize your not commited enough

a03657e611d3412c2727770d16eb7c72.jpg

I started with an electric chain saw on the first two tires and spent about 30 minutes per tire. Once I broke out the gas saw i got through them in about 15 minutes per tire. Just gotta have a steady hand and be careful not to cut too much.
Better add another 30 minutes for cleanup if you try this method.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts