• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

"Da Situation" - newest turn-key buggy from Smith Motorsports

Speeding

Forum member #1
Hardline Crawler
Check out the gallery here:
http://rickybphotography.com/Rig-Features/DaSituation/

Went up to Tennessee to check out Jimmy Smith Motorsports' latest rig to roll out of the shop, dubbed "Da Situation". It was built for Scott Lemon from Louisiana. This thing is one of the best looking Rockwell rigs I've seen in a while! Basic specs are crate 502, TH400, and a 205/203 doubler. The Rockwells are built with nearly everything Ouverson makes, including 2" Voilator shafts front and rear. The attention to detail is very impressive. All the plumbing and wiring is clean and hidden, and the packaging of the drivetrain and interior is very well thought out. With the beef axles and powertrain, there really isn't a weak link on this rig. Looking forward to seeing the first beatdown!

dsc_0914-M.jpg

dsc_0679-M.jpg

dsc_0759-M.jpg

Wide Open Design rings on MRW double beadlocks:
dsc_0639-M.jpg

Custom built aluminum fuel cell, about 20 gallon
dsc_0825-M.jpg

dsc_0778-M.jpg

The 502 Ramjet is packed in tight!
dsc_0690-M.jpg

Fourlink with BTF rockwell towers that have been cut down. Links are made from 7075 aluminum, then polished for looks.
dsc_0901-M.jpg

I thought the rolling chasis looked wicked when Jimmy and Tommy were still building it. But damn, all powdercoated and shined up I can hardly take my eyes off of it. Fine job guys, that rig is bad-ass. flashemifyougotem flashemifyougotem flashemifyougotem flashemifyougotem flashemifyougotem

Nice. What part of Louisiana is Scott from?

Oh and someone watchs too much MTV laughing1 laughing1 laughing1

Blase said:
Nice. What part of Louisiana is Scott from?

Oh and someone watchs too much MTV laughing1 laughing1 laughing1

I thought the name was awesome. I laughed when I heard it but it really fits.

I don't know what part of LA he's from, but I want to say new Orleans.

He bought one of my customers' big red ride and made a buggy out of the parts. He used what was in it.
Funny, John just sent me the pics of this rig via email and I got on here to mess around and saw this post. Jimmy's rigs have gotten more aesthetically appealing of late. I like all of it but the 4" of up at ride height. listening to air bumps clang all day gets old.

drool awsome combination of big blocked rockwelled brute strength and clean touches and craftsmanship to make this one bad looking machine... :woot: I wanna see some videos of it gettin the beat down!

I was on the Interstate yesterday In Northeast Alabama and this rig passed me on a trailer ! looked cool as hell, and fiqured it came from Jimmys! :dblthumb: