• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Dad's stang...

what he said.

Also on the ol points thing. not an urgent thing but mallory makes a photo cell kit to replace the points in your existing dist with an electronic trigger which works wonderful. it still uses the ol vacuum advance plates and original cap so it looks completley stock.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/MAA-502M/:D

Hey Mike, the car is looking awesome! :awesomework:

BTW, what did it ramp out at?
:haha:
dad453.jpg

What he said! :haha:

It outramped your truck harold :fawkdancesmiley:

Thanks Pat. I am hoping that its just rust or something on a gear from sitting. The oil that was in the tranny was---pretty nasty :D

Upgrade--ya I will upgrade the ignition system with a cherry picker :redneck:

So I got the rear window pulled. Again it was like the front and came out pretty easy and I got a new set of tools that helped a bunch,lol.

dad457.jpg

So I am the typeof person who always looks at the brighter side--with the rear window out I was able to spend some good time on the headliner and I got it MUCH better. Now I am happy with it.

dad458.jpg

Done came over and gave me a hand and got the front/rear windows in. I then proceeded to seal the rear window. I am hoping to have the rear trim here today or tommorow.

dad459.jpg

MUCH better...

dad460.jpg

I spent all last night getting the windshield sealed and trim put on. Since it was new trim it took some work to tweek it. One problem I had was getting it to clip into place and thought it was due to the trim not bent right. I found the clips that came with the trim were junk and not holding. Luckily I had a couple bags of good clips and replaced some and it held the trim in place... But its loooking better and better.

dad461.jpg

It outramped your truck harold :fawkdancesmiley:

Thanks Pat. I am hoping that its just rust or something on a gear from sitting. The oil that was in the tranny was---pretty nasty :D

Upgrade--ya I will upgrade the ignition system with a cherry picker :redneck:

I think my truck can get closer to the ramp, than the car can, without scratching any paint.

Wanna bet?

Nice work, Mikey. Your dad is gonna look good driving that Old Pony around!

Mike,
Make sure to get an appraisal (with lots of details pics) to establish value before it gets driven too much. Then get insurance to match the appraisal. This car is too nice. If it gets wrecked, you want to recoup your labor investments from the insurance company, and there are lots of old beater mustangs that will lower the value.
Tony

Mike,
Make sure to get an appraisal (with lots of details pics) to establish value before it gets driven too much. Then get insurance to match the appraisal. This car is too nice. If it gets wrecked, you want to recoup your labor investments from the insurance company, and there are lots of old beater mustangs that will lower the value.
Tony

Funny you should mention that. I talked this over with my mom and its definitely going to get that taken care of as soon as its all done. It currently is ensured (was right after paint).

Holy Lime Green Batman!! Just looked over the thread, hadn't looked at it since before it was painted. YOU can guarantee to stand out, ever kid from here to there is going to staring.........I like it :awesomework:

Looks awesome Mike!!!:cheer::cheer:
... And don't worry about the little wrinkles in the liner...alot of them will disapppear as it will shrink a bit over time.

Thats Crash-talk. You get used to it after a while.... :redneck:

Ya--bill nailed it :haha:

Looks awesome Mike!!!:cheer::cheer:
... And don't worry about the little wrinkles in the liner...alot of them will disapppear as it will shrink a bit over time.

Thats what I am hoping. Plus the car has really seen ZERO heat..

it still looks like it's sitting about 2" too high in the rear.

Its damn near perfect (pictures don't really show it good)

So my dad stopped by work to drop me off more stuff.

Its kinda funny as he came into the shop and on my laptop my background is a good picture of the car and luckily I was quick enough to cover it up...

But I got home and dug right into it and started with the truck. I installed all new plugs and new drains for the rear quarters.

I also got a new bezel for the trunk lock. Damn release pin for the lock cylinder was rusted into place and took some work to get it to release. But got the new one on and it really looks good--shiney stuff..

dad462.jpg

I also got the new tail lamp connectors so I dug into the last of the wiring on the car.

Got it all done..

dad463.jpg

dad464.jpg

dad465.jpg