• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Sold/Expired Dana 60 CTm Joints NIB

jethrobodean

CTM's for a 60. Never installed, nothing wrong with them. Just considering going another route. $600 Located in Missouri 65265

20160320_200630_zps89qtozlg.jpg

827c3ed5-5638-475c-a8dd-b47b6fafface_zpsus084fza.jpg

Re: Re: Dana 60 CTm Joints NIB

kushKrawlin said:
Meh.. That's the thing I don't like about rcv's. Warranty is no good for anyone but original buyer, so I hear... Kinda sucks.
That's not true.

You might be thinking about the longfield/trail gear axle discussion. In which rcv produced the longfields for Bobby Long, but now TG owns the Longfield brand name...

TBItoy said:
That's not true.

You might be thinking about the longfield/trail gear axle discussion. In which rcv produced the longfields for Bobby Long, but now TG owns the Longfield brand name...

I called and spoke to them about this specifically only about 3 months ago. They were very clear with me ... warranty = void for everyone but the original purchaser. I wish that wasn't the case because there was a good set of shafts I wanted to buy from someone. I was inquiring about about 05+ SD60 RCV shafts specifically.

I fawkin figured. I coulda swore I read somehting bout this .. Maybe on pirate.. Only way I remember is cause Everytime I see a set, (which is rare) I always think bout how pissed I would be to spend 2000 buks roughly and have no warranty. Dammit.

patooyee said:
I called and spoke to them about this specifically only about 3 months ago. They were very clear with me ... warranty = void for everyone but the original purchaser. I wish that wasn't the case because there was a good set of shafts I wanted to buy from someone. I was inquiring about about 05+ SD60 RCV shafts specifically.

Well dang, that must have changed.

Never know how these things go with companies changing (or selectively enforcing) policies.

jethrobodean said:
That doesn't change my mind on wanting to run them though :tc

It makes them pretty worthless if you ever want to sell your rig or shafts though. Brings the price you pay for them new to even more ridiculous levels. Also cheapens the term "lifetime" IMO.

Conversely, anyone know if the CTM warranty outlives the original purchase?

patooyee said:
Conversely, anyone know if the CTM warranty outlives the original purchase?

Looking at CTM's site, it mentions nothing of any warranty. I thought I had heard talk of one though?

patooyee said:
Looking at CTM's site, it mentions nothing of any warranty. I thought I had heard talk of one though?
I think the prevailing opinion I've read on pirate is "they don't have a warranty because you don't need a warranty... But if you do happen to use the hand of God to break them, Jack will work with you"

Whatever that means

Exactly. In today's world of "warranties" it's tough to weed out who's is actually worth even considering a warranty. I'm sure it's on the books for most companies these days for a parts warranty not to extend past the original purchaser, but some are not enforcing that rule currently. Being a toyota guy, I've sat front seated for the whole Longfield / TG fiasco, & watched what was once a simple phone call away warranty turn into a fiasco overnight. Longfield set the bar high when it came to customer service, & sadly the majority of the offroad market has no desire to uphold that bar. So, I'll try to spend my money where I'm confident the company will look out for me in the foreseeable future, avoid the bargain bins, & not buy things that I'm worried I'll be breaking anytime soon. Otherwise that whole "pay once cry once" mentality. I'm the first to admit that any of these axle / joint choices are overkill for my rig, but by the time I buy basic chromo shafts to go with the CTM's, I'm one part warranty denial away from RCV's. If these don't sell, I'll go back to plan A, & do some shopping around for better shaft options that leave me with that same warm & fuzzy feeling.

I originally bought these because I had high hopes of getting close to 50 degrees of steering (over the 45 capabilities of the RCV's). Now that I've took the design out of CAD & into the real world, that number is actually right at 45, meaning I'll probably just set my stops around 43ish & make it under that mark.

FYI, I see nothing on CTM's site regarding warranty either, but almost every one of their dealers lists them as "lifetime warranty". No idea how that translates to original vs. 2nd owner.

I run Jack's "drive home" 300m 35 spline shafts and joints. When I spoke with Jack about warranty, he told me, if I break one to give him a call. I just pulled my front shafts and the splines look as good as the day I put them in.

Before I got the CTM's, I had foote/ superior 4340 shafts. They twisted pretty bad and that was around the time that Superior went under so I was SOL......I went with CTM because I wanted a product that I wouldn't need a warranty for.

GLWS