• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Dangerous trailer failure

Re:

Didn't think of that. Y'all right. Shitty non the less. I'm curious of how they handle this. Will you keep us updated?

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

That's crazy. I've been looking at their trailers so I don't always have to borrow my dads but now i'm thinking about building one like dad did. That thing pulls like a dream :****:

I hate to hear that. I had a Big Tex deck over I recently sold. Very nice trailer. I`ve always considered them to be very nice trailers and, I`m probably still gonna get one as my next hauler to. I just know that if I do I`ll be looking that sucker over closely. I have a Big Tex plant about 20 miles from me in Cordele GA. There a pretty big company and as long as he has good before the fix pictures I would think they`d really stand behind it. I`ll be curious to see how they handle this for my own knowledge. Thanks for sheding some light. thumb.gif

That Chevy power......prolly voids any warranty on the trailer. Don't think their welders have a "NUCLEAR" setting to get it to burn in that good. ;)

Re: Dangerous trailer failure

Zjman said:
Man why all the guessing? I would be taking that trailer back and getting a refund........................

Yep. Plus pay for damage to truck.

tonybolton said:
That Chevy power......prolly voids any warranty on the trailer. Don't think their welders have a "NUCLEAR" setting to get it to burn in that good. ;)
Little early to be that drunk and delirious???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My cousin owns a Big Tex GN that looked to be welded by Ray Charles. Quality control concern is one of the primary reasons i decided to build my own trailer....also, i wanted something tailored to my needs (haul my fat rig, tractor and wood). I ended up salvaging an older (back when QC was important to companies), well built trailer and modified it. Kept it short for maneuverability, added width (8' now)and made it heavy duty.... both axles are braking 7k#.

IMG_20170801_191103381 by Ben Burwinkel, on Flickr

IMG_20170816_200128350 by Ben Burwinkel, on Flickr

IMG_20170826_115548272 by Ben Burwinkel, on Flickr

IMG_20170903_135753474 by Ben Burwinkel, on Flickr

IMG_20170910_184418957 by Ben Burwinkel, on Flickr

IMG_20171001_182050246 by Ben Burwinkel, on Flickr

IMG_20171004_204222590_HDR by Ben Burwinkel, on Flickr

tonybolton said:

Do you even know how to weld? I figured such manual labors would be beneath such a high roller.

Re: Re: Dangerous trailer failure

jeeptj99 said:
Do you even know how to weld? I figured such manual labors would be beneath such a high roller.
I weldered me some new shock mounts on.....ya hater. ;)

I even cut the brackets myself. It's poor people stuff... You wouldn't know anything about that.
2acac60e08301e3d87fc78dfe44edc9c.jpg

Used to.....they saw me using 035 flux core wire and fired me. Said they only use 030 cuz it'll take more heat with the 90amp units they use.

Life lesson learned indeed.

tonybolton said:
Used to.....they saw me using 035 flux core wire and fired me. Said they only use 030 cuz it'll take more heat with the 90amp units they use.

Life lesson learned indeed.

Hell i weld trains togather with .035 gasless flux core and a 110v welder....

:stir: :rolf: