• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Dash Light Problem on Ford

WinchBunny

So I got a 93 f150, One day my dash lights started goin off an on when I hit a large bump....but now I got no lights...is there a plug or somethin back there that coulda been knocked loose? an do I have to rip my whole dash apart to get to it??? any info would be nice, thanks!

You could have a loose plug, or a bad dash ground, however I doubt it. The most obvious to me is the dimmer switch is just gone bad. Try wiggling the dimmer switch, twisting it, or jiggling it. If the lights flicker on, then replace the switch.

You could have a loose plug, or a bad dash ground, however I doubt it. The most obvious to me is the dimmer switch is just gone bad. Try wiggling the dimmer switch, twisting it, or jiggling it. If the lights flicker on, then replace the switch.

This. I had the same issue with my 93 F-250. Replaced the dimmer switch and problem solved.

well I was jus t lookin in our cataloge....the only dimmer switch I see is column mounted...I dont have a dimmer on the colomn or floor...my dash lights dim by turning my headlight switch left or right....could it maybe be the headlight switch??? headlights turn on an off...but dash lights work when they want too...before they went out completely, I could hit the dash an make them work???:scratchhead:

Very common to find the headlight switch connector melted, causing the very issue you have...replace the headlight switch, and splice in a new connector/pigtail harness (should be able to get it at your work...)