• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

DD/wheeler tire options?

Dain Bramage

so, after having to break down 3 tires today to clean **** out of the beads, then having both front tires start leaking bad again within an hour, i have decided that my BFGs suck. :mad: i was planning on getting the KM2s when they came out, but if the bead/lip protector design is the same, i think i will pass. are there any other tires that have nice road manners, fairly long tread life (i would like to get at least 50k out of them, with regular rotations), and good off road traction? i think right now i am leaning towards the MTRs in a 35x12.50x15 flavor.

i havent run them but have been looking into the mickey T baja mtz for my tow rig...?

i think the voids between the tread would fill with mud easily. they are kind of close together. taylor let me know what you decide and i can get you some prices:awesomework:

i currently have 33x10.50x15 BFG M/T KMs on black rock crawler rims. i am not actually planning on getting new tires for a few months. if there is any tread left on them, i will sell them. as of right now, 2 have less than 500 miles on them, and 2 have about 23k and are at 12/32". i will probably run these into the ground then buy new tires.

these are going on a toyota pickup, btw.

50K is a lot for a 4x4 tire :haha: but if you are looking for a true 35" tire then get a 37 MTR or look into a radial IROK

radial iroks wont last for ****. bead sealer is over rated:stirpot: all its used for is imperfections on an aluminum wheel when the chrom starts peeling. if you really want to go redneck....use silicon:redneck:

This is a tough choice if you care about wheeling performance, road wear, and road noise. If you are leaning towards more daily driving then the BFG mud terrains, or MTRs. If you dont care about road manners the good old TSL is hard to beat, as you can make them last for some good miles if you get therm balanced out and run them at the proper pressure for the weight of your rig. It all depends on which side of the fence you stand on.

i dont care so much about road noise, but it is primarily a daily driver, i drive from monroe to kirkland during the week. i would love to have a set of TSLs, but what kind of mileage can i expect to get out of them?

i dont care so much about road noise, but it is primarily a daily driver, i drive from monroe to kirkland during the week. i would love to have a set of TSLs, but what kind of mileage can i expect to get out of them?
If everything is sound on your rig, balance them out, rotate them frequently, and most importantly find out what pressure for the weight of your rig 40,000 miles is achievable. If I wouldnt have sold the rig I bet I could have ran them close to 50,000 miles. Proper maint is important for tire longevity.

that sounds pretty good. rotate/balance every 3k? and is that 40k with a detroit rear? and how would i figure out what the proper pressure for my rig is?

that sounds pretty good. rotate/balance every 3k? and is that 40k with a detroit rear? and how would i figure out what the proper pressure for my rig is?
My info was based off a 52 flatfender, no lockers, three thousand something pounds, tires rotated at every oil change, and ran at 23 psi. How I came up with the pressure that worked bestfor good road wear was to let air out until a flat footpring was achieved. Most TSLs are ran with too much air resulting in wearing out the center lugs. For heavier/lighter rigs, results will vary.

i think that the best i could hope for out of a set of TSLs, considering my driving style and accounting for the rear locker, would be around 30k. so those are out.

talking about proper pressure and the footprint of the tire, does that apply to most/all oversize offroad tires?