• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

desert candy

kid rok

http://www.youtube.com/user/kregerfab#p/u/3/JRflqE7ijN0

Some guys prerunner.
attachment.php

This is a 4x4 class 1 penhall is building.
attachment.php

ok so what are you saying with the 1st pic :flipoff1:

2nd pic, very cool with skins on it now. I'm very interested to see how that car does. Be cool to take the same car, add a Klune and be 4400 spec. I'm not saying, I'm just saying....

I think they plan on running some 4400 class stuff. along with dakar. They built it with a narrow track width, so they could run it on tighter trails.

The second pic, it's pretty much what I am going to be doing with mine. Except Mine want be all tube frame, or extended cab. Heres what mine will look like minus the wide front end.

myro2.jpg

myro3.jpg

RDCBuildFord.jpg

My track width will be around 84" which is close to stock. I think the huge front glass looks alittle goofy. I like the stockish look.

Yeah Brad loves them big fords. I didn't know you were gonna turn Big Bumpy into a desert rig. Where did this come from?

How you going to utilize all 24"s of travel on the front if you keep it narrow? Is GMR able to make that happen? I like it all widened out. Just think of the ****ers infront of you on the road looking in their rearview and seeing that wide sumbithc, they'll get the **** out the way!

Here's the one I'm digging only without the beams, A-arms is where its at.
http://www.off-roadweb.com/features/0909or_1974_chevy_crew_cab_prerunner/index.html

url]

url]

You usually have to get a custom mold for the front glass like the one above. I almost bought a 90"+- a arm front but went with the narrow style. It's set up for a mini truck like an s-10. The truck above owns the rights to that front mold. The other truck (extended cab) still hasn't got front glass for his, it's ben that way for several months.
The a arm I got front the GMR is suppose to be able to hit 24", or atleast that's what they claim. We will see in about 3 weeks. Plus with a narrow front, it will be more trail friendly on the east coast. Even if I only get 22" of travel thats still a good bit of travel.

You need to pull the trigger on one, I like that one. I agree, ditch the I beams.

Brad we need pics of this truck

It will be a few weeks before I can get any pictures. I'm still waiting on what few parts I have ordered to come in. As of now, I have a cab sitting on jack stands. it's not too picture worthy. I'll do a build thread down the road, but this is going to be a long build. I hope to be done in less than two years , but realisticly I think 5 years. Oh well
Here's some specs.
4l80 trans 2wd
6.0 with L92 heads and hopefully alittle more whoompow.
Custom 9" rear I'd like to go with and arb but probably a detroit still undecided. ARB for the sole reason it will be driven alot on the highway. May even do two different thirds one spooled one open. :dunno:
Four link rear 28"-30" travel
A arm front 22"-24" travel
Caged to score specs, would like to be able to get it tagged.
70 gallon fuel safe cell, may go with a harmon still undecided.
Front and rear glass
2.5 power rack wide from Howe
Thats about as far as I have got on my day dreaming list.